I had to interview some state officials in Charleston and needed a place to stay at the federal government rate. The main business hotel is currently under renovation as of this writing (June 2008) and Brass Pineapple appeared to be the best option.
The staff is great and they go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. More importantly for the business traveler, they are also very organized. They asked me what time I wanted breakfast in the morning and also my food preferences and had it ready at 7:30 sharp. They allowed me to use their iron since my suit got wrinkled in my suitcase and they even packed me a to-go breakfast on my last day because I had to catch an early morning flight.
The room itself was comfortable and decorated in a very "girly" Victorian style. My room had an old-fashioned high bed (modern mattress though) and a claw-foot tub. It was very nice to come back after 8 hours of tedious interviews and soak in a bubble bath. They offer afternoon tea as well with all kinds of homemade treats.
The neighborhood is pretty historic and appears to be the artsy part of Charleston. I had dinner both nights at the Bluegrass Kitchen, which is approximately 2 blocks away on Washington Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brass Pineapple Inn-Historic Stately Accommodations with Modern Amenities. Rooms have 12 foot ceilings, beautiful lighting, sturdy wood beds, private bathrooms. Breakfast Included with Room Rate. Meals and Room Service Available. Award winning accommodations. Guests include Good Morning America, Arts & Entertainment Television, PBS, Mountain Stage, Delloitte & Touche, MeadWestvaco, Bayer, Toyota, Producers from Oprah Winfrey Network. Conveniently located only 3 blocks from I-77/I-64, 3 Miles from Yeager Airport, 1/2 Block from State Capitol Complex, 1 Mile from Downtown, 3/4 Mile from Clay Center, 1.5 Miles from Civic Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Brass Pineapple Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brass Pineapple Hotel Charleston
- Brass Pineapple Bed And Breakfast