“Peace and quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brass Pineapple Inn

You added Brass Pineapple Inn to your Saves list
Brass Pineapple Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1611 Virginia St. East, Charleston, WV 25311   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Charleston B&B and Inns
Parma, Ohio, United States
“Peace and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are a business traveler or on a vacation, consider this as an alternative to a generic hotel. My room was decorated nicely and very homey. The bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby. I totally enjoyed the beverages and veggies that were available in the afternoon. Lisa was a wonderful hostess and we engaged a lot in talk about eating well. She was more than accomodating with me because I have celiac disease. The homemade breakfasts were quite a treat and substantial. You won't get meals like that anywhere else you stay. Great location, charming neighborhood and so quiet. A great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you like historic inns this one will do. It is over 100 yrs old. It is very clean, it has charming features, alot of it is original including the stain glass windows. The rooms are small and quaint.The dining room is the gathering spot for travelers to meet and enjoy a freshly prepared breakfast. Lisa the innkeeper enjoys running her B&B and it shows. She is unpretentious and endearing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Byron Center
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed two nights at the B&B and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a 100 year old house so it will have smaller rooms than what you may be used to, but it carries a charm all it own. Lisa, the owner, shared her "story" openly, and is the one thing that makes this B&B stand out from so many others. Our room was on the third floor, roomy, except for the bathroom, I am 6'5" so I had problems standing up in the shower. While this was inconvenient, the room and house was just fine for my wife and I. I mentioned Lisa earlier, and we had the opportunity to visit with her often during the 2 days. As I mentioned she has a wonderful "story" of her background and how she was able to buy it, but it was her "spiritual story" that we appreciated. You will have to stay there and find out for yourself!!
There was always plenty of food for us and the breakfasts that Lisa prepared, were a "slice of heaven". Her culinary skills "story" is another reason to stay and talk to her. I would recommend this B&B to anyone. Thanks Lisa and may God continue to Bless you!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room is the best! It is a B&B, in a 100 year old house so don't expect it to be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mequon, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This B&B is best described as dark, cluttered, and vastly overpriced. My husband and I had a room on the second floor that was very cramped and the electrical arrangements were enough to keep you awake at night. Small rooms can be cozy but that term would never be applied to the room we had. We did not stay for breakfast because we could not wait to get out of that house. I could not even bring myself to use the shower. It was so dark and claustrophobic.
My husband made the reservation and did not ask the price. I was shocked when I saw the amount posted on our credit card. The Brass Pineapple is not a good value.

Room Tip: Do not choose the English gentleman's room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I spent two nights at the Brass Pineapple with my husband, two kids and my parents. Accomodations are ideal. I booked the Grandmothers room upstairs for my kids and then we had two rooms on the second floor. This was actually my second stay at the Brass Pineapple. The first was about 4 years ago with just my husband (we were in town for a high school reunion). Anyway, this trip was for a funeral unfortunately but the Brass Pineapple made for an excellent gathering spot that was far superior to a run of the mill chain hotel. Cate was a fantastic hostess and the environment was ideal for a family gathering. The first night we were the only guests in the hotel, but the second night there were others but it never felt too crowded or more "social" than we were up for. I stay in lots of very nice hotels for business travel and for vacations and when given the choice in Charleston, WV, I'll go with the Brass Pineapple. Plus, you can walk to some of the best restaurants in town.

Room Tip: I seem to always go for the bathroom in the room but I really don't think this makes a big diffe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Knox, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Lisa is a fabulous hostess and truly made our experience a great one. She warmly greeted us, helped with our baby and answered every question we had during our stay. She offers snacks during the day (tea cookies/pound cake/nut mix/mini sandwiches/pasta salad/drinks) and brought out some special alcoholic items that evening, as well as kept extra snacks in the main frig if anyone wanted a nibble overnight. The morning breakfast consisted of carrot-ginger pancakes, fried eggs, sausage from a local farm, fresh fruit salad with Greek yogurt and coffee/tea/juices. We stayed in the third floor Hearts and Flowers room, as we had two kids in tow. We found the room very inviting and comfortable, and it was nice we had the option of the adjoining suite to spread out in. I found the king bed exceedingly comfortable...I have back issues and it was the first morning in months I woke up without problems. The inn is one block away from the fantastic state museum, which we highly suggest visiting. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Hearts and Flowers room is great chocie for a family.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Our first time in WV and in Charleston, and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. Lisa is a wonderful hostess (very accomodating to our ever-changing late arrival). Her breakfasts were excellent (she uses local products where available), and offers fruit and other snacks in the off-hours. Our room was very clean and comfortable (the size of the bathroom did take a little getting used to). There's cable and Internet service, though you shouldn't need them much as there's plenty to do in town, or if you're chatting with Lisa and the staff. There's good off-street parking, and some cool restaurants either walking distance or a very short drive away. The Pineapple is also close to the Capitol and the Museum (both free and worth taking a look around). Definitely a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Brass Pineapple Inn? Share your experiences!