“Dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Delightful ambiance but definitely not authentic Asian food. Nice to have this in the area though if you want a little taste of Thai food.

“Our favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Su-Tei has great sushi, thai, and hibachi food! It has a nice romantic atmosphere as well. It's our favorite for double date night!

England
“Wow what a find! Best Thai meal i have had in AGES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to try this restaurant during an overnight stay in Charleston. I personally love Thai and Asian cuisine but have not had a great Thai since I left the UK 5 years ago. Most of the ones I have tried have just failed to deliver on authentic taste and have been more of what I call a 'McThai'!

Sue-Tei was the exception! The food was amazing! We started with the crispy mango shrimp and thai fish cakes...both delicious and I would highly recommend both. I wasn't sure whether to try the green or red swimming duck curry due to knowing how hot it would be, so the waitress kindly offered to bring me a sample of the sauce to try first. I decided on the red and it was SO delicious I ate far more than I normally would....I was stuffed. Needless to say the portions are large!

With the Entree we were also brought soup and salad and these great chop sticks joined at the end that made using chopsticks so easy!

The indoor setting had great ambience and the only downside is perhaps the location. My husband was at first inclined not to try the place when we arrived outside but we were certainly glad that we were not deterred by the location or outside appearance.

If you enjoy good flavorsome thai and oriental food - I would definitely recommend you try this place.

My only criticism is that the waitress (albeit she was very friendly and efficient) did make us feel a tad rushed. she almost took our plates twice while we were still eating and asked us if we were ready for dessert when we were still working on our entree!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, West Virginia
“Fantastic, not to be overlooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

A friend took us to Su Tei this evening, we were not so sure when we pulled up to it. The outside is very deceiving - looks like it used to be Western Sizzler type restaurant.

But OVERLOOK THAT AND GO IN! You will be amazed, very nicely decorated, great atmosphere.

Okay, I haven't gotten to the food yet---one word, great! There was so much we wanted to try, so we ended up ordering three addition meals just to try more. The flaming moon roll was to die for. All five rolls were very good. The pineapple fried had an excellent presentation and flavor. The teriyaki chicken with fried rice was very good, as expected based on typical hibachi restaurants. The only disappointment was the highly recommended thai noodles - they just were not good, almost sweet tasting, yuck.

All in all, can't wait to go again!

Charleston, West Virginia, United States
“Great choices at many price points - food was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have visited twice and have been impressed with the service and food selections. Many choices at good value. The beautiful decor and atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant.

• Visited December 2013