“Quaint charm, good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 252 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Paducah, KY
“Quaint charm, good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food was good, service was good, the atmosphere was dated, but it works! Would definitely eat here again if I was in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Union Hall, Virginia
“Home-style Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After a long day of driving from Peoria, IL, the wife and I were bushed when we checked in at the Sleep Inn next door. We inquired at the desk about Harding's and they responded that it was pretty good and that many of the locals ate there. A copy of Harding's menu was in the hotel's information booklet. It was obvious from the menu offerings that this was not a finer restaurant but we were so tired of driving that we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. The place has a very local feel to it and it reminded me of the diners I used to frequent when I was living in NJ. There were a number of different sandwiches on the menu as well as items like burgers, roast beef, roast turkey, seafood (mostly fried), and salads. The wife had the fried perch special which was pretty good and I had a very tasty Reuben sandwich. I had a piece of good coconut cream pie along with a very fresh cup of decaf coffee to finish off the dinner. After being on the road for over 3 weeks and eating at a number of higher end restaurants, it was kind of nice to just have some down-home cooking. I'd recommend Harding's to anyone traveling to the area, especially to those staying at the Pennsylvania Ave. Sleep Inn. I must add that it is quite a distance from downtown Charleston and would probably not warrant a special trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best BLT I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good food. I ordered the Super BLT with french fries. I took it to go. The staff was nice, short wait, & the food was amazing. The fries were hot and crunchy. There was a lot more bacon the on blt then you get at most places. The price wasn't bad. Highly recomend you try their BLT.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Queenstown, Maryland
“Last Supper on the Road from New Mexico to Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Got a BLT to go and it was prepared just the way I like it with lots of Bacon on it. Brought it back to the room and ate. Nice place.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Great pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I only had the cherry pie, but it was excellent. The servers were friendly, and the place was very clean.

Visited April 2013