“Sorry We've Missed it for So Long!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cazy, West Virginia, United States
“Sorry We've Missed it for So Long!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I dined at Soho's on Friday, March 7. It was our first time there. The food was fantastic. I had chicken parmesan and my husband had lasagna. Both portions were huge. We each ate only half of our entree. The atmosphere was very pleasing. It was noon on a workday, so most diners looked to be on their lunch breaks. Dress was business casual. Our server, Clifford, was excellent. He quickly and efficiently took care of every request we had with a friendly and cheerful attitude. While we've known about Soho's for a while, we rarely make it to that part of town. That is our big loss. We will most certainly be making that trek again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas
“so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was told by my hotel that this was the second best restaurant in town. The best restaurant is closed on Mondays. So I decided to listen to my hotel staff since they live here in Charleston and go with Soho. I thought the atmosphere was nice and modern, the food was ok, and the service was average. For an appetizer I had their Ecarola e Fagioli soup. It was tasty - a little on the salty side but good. I ordered the meat lasagne for my main course. This is a very large portion size and you better like meat. It was mostly made up of ground meat. It was a little too heavy for me eating at 8pm. I did like the selection of wines by the glass. They had several to select from. If I come back to Charleston I will try to be here on another night besides Monday, so that I can try the "best restaurant in town". Cheers!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great food, good wine list, not a great service experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the food, enjoyed the wine, didn't enjoy having my wine glass filled too high to take the bottle away, and ESPECIALLY didn't appreciate getting the check BEFORE FINISHING OUR MEALS!!

I'd repeat, but with a different server please!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illiopolis, Illinois
“WOW! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had reservations and were seated promptly when we arrived, although we were about 10 minutes early. My husband ordered a bottle of wine with the help of our waiter, Clifford's, recommendation. He did good, it was a very nice wine. We had an appetizer, Mista Bruchetta (?), it was delicious. My husband had spaghetti with meatballs and it was absolutely delicious. The meatballs were homemade and really good. Very different from your normal italian restaurant. I had the Lasagna which is a specialty of theirs and I loved it. It was very different from the lasagnas I have had previously. Very meaty, some pasta, some cheese and it even had celery in it. Our waiter Clifford took very good care of us. We ordered dessert too! Carrot Cake for me, wow, really good, and Tiramisu for my husband which was great! I don't normally like Tiramisu but this was really good. I felt the prices were reasonable for an upscale dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sparks, Maryland
“Great atmosphere, bartenders know how to make martinis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Been here a few times,never disappointed. Menu has the staples and some creativity. Location not bad in the market which is kinda cool for killing time. Service is knowledgable and friendly , helpful and professional.

• Visited February 2013