“Nice Family Friendly Pizza And Pasta Dish Restaurant. The Pasta Special I Had Was Awesome!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pizza Barbarossa

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 252 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nice Local Famil Owned Restaurant a little small in size but service and food is great. The specials are amaziNg!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Warning: Food coma inducing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Think twice before going to an Olive garden. Pizza Barbarosa has much better tasting food than OG. The chicken Alfredo is bustling with flavor, and you will soon find yourself unable to get up.

Columbus, Ohio
“Best Pizza in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Every time I am in South Charleston I go to Pizza Barbarossa. Always the same great pizza every time.

Visited June 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Had higher hopes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The owner of this establishment runs another restaurant we like very much. Neither my wife or I felt this was anything but ordinary. The waiter was attentive and friendly. We ordered the garlic bread appetizer and were very underwhelmed. It was small Grecian bread, lightly toasted with something lightly (I mean lightly) coated with oil and some herbs. There was no noticeable garlic at all and hardly any flavor period. Our main course was a shrimp topped specialty pizza. It was ok, nothing to write home about. Their website touts their pizza as the best in Charleston. I have to disagree. There are several others I'd put above this one. Overall not a terrible experience, but I'm not sure we will return.

Visited June 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Pleasant Stripmall Surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I was taken aback by the upscale interior of this strip mall pizza place. It is a casual hybrid of pizzaria/Italian restaurant. The menu has a nice variety of pizza, calzones, subs, pasta dinners, salads, & a few Greek choices. I ordered fried calamari, $6.95, to start (delicious) & baked chicken Marsala with linguini, $9.95. The presentation was lovely, & the server could not have been more attentive. He showed picture of the menu items on his phone!
The Marsala was a bit soupy for my taste, the chicken was chopped up & the dish was covered in mozarella, but the serving size was huge. It came with garlic bread, that was made from a baguette-delicious! My companions both had brick oven pizza. They enjoyed it. I sampled the Greek Village Pizza, $13.99 for a 12". They have a great selection of toppings. While the chicken Marsala was not something I would order again, the other entrees that I saw looked yummy. I will be back!

• Visited May 2013