“I'll pass!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charleston

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Charleston to your Saves list
Motel 6 Charleston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6311 MacCorkle Ave SE, I-64/I-77 at Exit #95, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
“I'll pass!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Only stayed one night ( thankfully) on my way home from D.C. First room they gave me had already been used with unmade bed & towels on the floor. Front desk apologized & quickly fixed the problem & gave me another room. But I still didn't feel the room was great. It was clean but towels had stains. Alot of low life people in lobby & surrounding area. Room was cheap but I would not stay again. Just felt uneasy. They accepted pets so I chose this but would not recommend

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Definitely a good choice for the price. They just redid the rooms so they're pretty nice. They have hard wood floors which is kinda nice and kinda not lol. The shower was awesome and everything else was good besides the fact that I got a nonsmoking room and it smelled like smoke :( Overall a good hotel. Would definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This seriously cannot be a Motel 6! The rooms were huge, immaculate, and despite being just feet from the road, vert quiet! Amazing price, dog welcomed, friendly clerk at checkin. The floors were wood, not creepy carpet. The bed had what looked like high end linens. The parking lot was well lit whicj was good because on the back you can't park by your room. The towels were in a cute, lighted display. Just a great value. We will not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Percy, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place has just been remodeled. There is no carpet, which I think is awesome. The staff is friendly. If you stay here be sure to keep your vehicle locked. There were quite a few breakins while we were there. The beds are comfortable. There is only coffee available until 10 am. The Internet is slow and you have to pay 3.17 a day for it . Basically you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Staff was ok room didn't look bad but killed 5 roaches the first night I would not even think of staying to this hotel again never again but when comp is paying guess you got to go where they put you at
Ty to my comp I got to do my wash somewhere 3 miles away too
Like I said never stay here again ill sleep outside first on ground

• Stayed December 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff at this Motel 6 went above and beyond the call of duty. I came in at around 9am after being on the bus all night and not getting any sleep. I knew it was not anywhere close to the usual check in time but I asked what was the earliest I could get in. The manager had the housekeeper clean a room especially for me so I could get some well needed sleep.

The room was in great shape, The staff is great, If you are visiting Charleston I wholeheartedly recommend this motel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Morganfield, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average. Typical Motel 6. Bare-boned. No coffee maker, clock/radio, but you should expect that. It was clean, bright rooms, most of the motels in the area are inconvenient to get to. For a one night crash pad, it was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Charleston? Share your experiences!