“Hey it's a Motel 6!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charleston

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Charleston to your Saves list
Motel 6 Charleston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6311 MacCorkle Ave SE, I-64/I-77 at Exit #95, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Morganfield, Kentucky
“Hey it's a Motel 6!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average. Typical Motel 6. Bare-boned. No coffee maker, clock/radio, but you should expect that. It was clean, bright rooms, most of the motels in the area are inconvenient to get to. For a one night crash pad, it was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there on our way to north Dakota from ft. Bragg north Carolina. Had a trailer with or items in it because my husband just got out of the Army and we got there at midnight and left about 9 am the next morning. Our trailer s back lock was broke and a lot of items were taken out of our trailer including all, military paper work jewelry my kids blankets n books and meds medical records, checks, titles to my vehicles. And a lot more. Called the hotel manager she didn't care and told, me they didn't have outside cameras. I called the police n he said no cameras and there is a ton of druggys out there. I filled a police report. I would not get a room here. .

• Stayed April 2012
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We made a reservation for the halfway point of our return trip from Myrtle Beach, SC. Got to the hotel on Friday and there was a sign on the door that said 'Temporarily Closed for Precautionary Inspections'. Went inside and there was a girl there that said everyone with reservations were supposed to get phone calls - but, we were traveling for the past week so of course didn't get a message. Left there and went to the Holiday Inn Express next door. Got home from our trip and there was a message from Motel 6 saying our reservation was changed to another Motel 6. That would not have worked for us anyway as we specifically booked right at the Interstate. Don't know what precautionary inspections means but don't want to find out!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011 via mobile

My father and I to stay in Charleston because my mother ended up in their fine CAMC hospital. The rooms were clean and the hotel very well cared for and appear newly renovated. My Dad's room had a fridge and microwave, which for the room rate was a pleasant surprise. He has had a long, stressful stay and the management has been very kind and understanding as he spends long days at my mom's bedside. I can't say enough about how friendly the staff was and how very neat and clean the motel is. Don't hesitate to stay -- this is from someone who would usually not stay in anything less than a Hampton Inn or Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2011
Draper, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room was clean, bed comfy, but the tv did not work. So if you do decide to stay here, check the tv before settling in (if it's impt. to you) so you can change rooms if necessary. We didn't feel like changing if another room like ours had been available. They only give you soap, no shampoo, tissues, or anything like that. Bring your own hairdryer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

No carpet so no catching of dirt,etc. Nice size rooms w/large tv! No frills and clean. Stayed two nights on two trips through town. Both nice. They need to more strickly enforce the no smoking in the no smoking rooms. So difficult, and guest need to be more consider of the no smoking rooms. Please do not put smelly perfume things in room to try to mask the smoke smell. I am impressed the Motel 6 has gone green, but this is not green. Masking smells with the little things people put in cars to mask smells. Awful! Other than that, a very nice place and staff very nice!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The good news is the rooms are totally refurbished and spotlessly clean. In addition, the price is very reasonable and for a small $3.00 charge you can request a room with a fridge and microwave. There are also several restaurants within walking distance. Not to mention that Motel 6 is very pet friendly.

The bad news is this is a three story motel with very limited parking that is located only on one side of the motel. If you are unfortunate enough to be on the third floor and the back side of the building, you will have a LONG walk to your room.

Since this is my first stay I will assume the front desk is usually friendlier. While I was checking in the guy at the desk was frazzled and curt. Not to mention a housekeeper having a loud, obnoxious personal conversation on the phone at the front desk.

Bottom line...clean and reasonably priced, but you might want to consider the Red Roof next door. A few bucks more, but I have always had a great experience there. (And no, I have no affiliation with Red Roof...LOL!)

Room Tip: Request first floor on the front of the building!