“Yum, Yum, Yum...but arrive early” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Laguna Beach, California
“Yum, Yum, Yum...but arrive early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I loved this place! I've been on the gluten-free train for quite a while and this was worth deviating from. The sangria was very tasty and refreshing. I did half mushroom and gouda and half local grass-fed beef, peppers, pizza with roasted garlic.
I had heard from the locals to arrive early as the parking and the wait can be quite hectic, especially when the weather is nice. I'm glad I did because when I left there was quite a wait. The parking lot is a bit limited because of the location. The staff were very fun, chill, and took pitty on this lone traveler and chatted with me at the bar.
I would absolutely go here again!

Visited August 2012

Charleston, West Virginia
“Charming neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

It has an at home atmosphere with charm. The pizzas are interesting and scrumptious. The salads are delightful Mike makes a wonderful sangria. It has an intimate feel. A nice place for a couple or a foursome to meet for a casual but nice dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hands down the BEST pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

The pan seared goat cheese salad is ridiculously delicious, even if you're not sure if you like goat cheese, try this. Also the pizza is the best I have had. We got the fresh mushroom pizza (fresh mushrooms, caramelized onions, tomato, and Gouda cheese) and a beef pizza (local beef, tomato, jalepenos, chive sauce drizzle) I usually skip the crust of a pizza, not this time. Its delicious! I'm sad there isn't a Lolas where we live. The atmosphere is great too. It's small and intimate.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Lola's makes the best pizza in Charleston and they always have interesting salads. We miss Mike behind the bar and the deck has been enclosed, so no more eating outside, but they still keep an interesting array of good brews and decent wines. It is our "go to" place to eat in Charleston for a fair price and great food. The wait used to be tough, but it hasn't been an issue lately.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alpharetta, Georgia
“West Virginia Gourmet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We were so surprised to find such a unique and delicious experience in West Virginia at Lola's. This is, by far, one of my top two favorite pizza joints ever! The pizza was fresh, piquant and luscious and the creme brulee we had for dessert made me salivate all night. I hope I have a chance to visit again. The old house is lovely, but the acoustics are not great, so if you desire quiet, this may not be your choice.

• Visited July 2011