You added Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very nice and courteous. Staff very knowledgeable. Great location, near several restaurants. Nice complimentary breakfast, several items to choose from. Hotel very clean and fresh smelling. Enjoy the hot tub in our room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for the compliments about our hotel staff, building and amenities. I'm glad you enjoyed the hot tub in your room and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Shady spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel is convenient to places to eat and shopping since it is at the Southridge mall. Cabelas, Gander Mountain, and Dick's Sporting Goods are nearby for the sports enthusiasts. I will be staying here again when working in the area.

2 Thank Ronald L
Ronald L, Thank you, we do have a great number of sportsman stores nearby our location and we are greatly appreciative that you found us a convenient location for your stay. I am very happy to hear you wish to return and look forward to your next visit!
Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Overall the hotel met my expectations. The hotel was clean and orderly and the staff were curteous and helpful. The pool was closed due to a broken pump. Would have like to swim but it wasn't a big deal. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will stay here again on my next trip to Charleston, WV.

1 Thank Timothy R
Timothy R, I apologize for the issue with our pool's pump, it was an unavoidable issue. I am glad to hear that you don't hold it against us though. Thank you for the recommendation to friends and family about our hotel and we greatly look forward to your return.
Oswego, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The breakfast area is very nice. There is a neat soda fountain machine that can be used by guests around the clock for free. The pool area was very nice. The rooms were average. We stayed here twice while traveling to and from over thanksgiving. The hotel seemed very quiet, and we all got good rests. I would recommend asking for a room that faces the front, as this will allow you to overlook the parking lot and stores. If you face the back, you will be looking at an embankment. This hotel is located near several restaurants and stores. Overall, it was a nice place to stay, but a bit of a hike from I-77, so I don't think we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the front if you want a more interesting view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank teknoturtl
teknoturtl, Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to hear that you had a restful stay over Thanksgiving. Thank you for the room recommendations, and I'm hopeful that the environment we offer will still entice you to come back!
Summersville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've stayed at the Southridge Hampton Inn on several occasions and I've never been disappointed. Located near shopping and good restaurants, this Hampton Inn is clean and orderly with a professional, courteous staff anxious to meet the needs of its clientele. We happened to visit during the first night of a public water contamination incident that impacted a 9 county region of south central WV. The guest service team excelled in trying to meet the needs of guests and keep us informed.

1 Thank Gregory B
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Gregory B, Thank you for your patience and understanding during this State of Emergency. It has been a difficult time many people in the area, and I am glad we were able to meet your needs and keep you informed during your stay. Thank you again and I hope to see you again soon!
Bristol, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have always stayed at Hampton Inn's and never had a really terrible experience until now and I did not even get to check in. I had a reservation at the Hampton Inn Charleston-Southridge, but I found out this hotel will not take cash and has to have a credit card to hold the room. Well being a victim of the Target breach my card does not work so the would not allow me to check in. This was also the same with the person in front of me needless to say that was 2 rooms left empty. There was a bright spot about 10 miles down the road I was able to check into another Hampton Inn and the room was $30 cheaper for the same type room. The Hampton we checked into could not believe what the other Hampton did but then said yea it sounds like them. Needless to say I will never attempt to stay at the Hampton Inn Charleston-Southridge again or recommend anyone stay there.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn in Hurricane, WV it's not far down the road and you will save about $30...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jtrinkle
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to deliver what you expected from us. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience while checking in with us and that you were inconvenienced by our credit card policy. I can very much empathize with your frustration and assure you that we are looking for alternative ways to offer guests more options. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We recently stayed for a hockey trip and the Hampton was great - the staff was very helpful and accommodating! Other hotels have not been willing to open breakfast early when we have early games, but they were. We are looking forward to our upcoming stay in Pittsburgh for our next tournament.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rmcincy, I am glad we were able to accommodate you and that your stay with us was so great. I hope you enjoy Pittsburgh and win your tournament! Please don't hesitate to call us the next time you need a place to stay when in and around Charleston! Thank you so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
#2 of 24 in Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 251 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge? Share your experiences!