“Hampton Inn Charleston” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Louisville, United States
“Hampton Inn Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, location is close to many restaurants and shopping. I would stay there again if I were traveling in the area. They were very accomodating as I had requested 2 pack-n-plays and they were set up in the room when we arrived. That doesn't usually happen, so I was very impressed that they did what they said they were going to do. Microwave wasn't working when we got there and they immediately replaced it with a brand new one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I rented two rooms for a birthday party. We came to the hotel in advance to book the party and advise that a sleep over was the purpose in the stay. A little after check in we found out that there where two other parties one was another group of boys and the other was a group of girls. Our group left the hotel after eating pizza at 6:45 and went skating. they did not return until 11:15 pm they changed clothes and went to the pool till 12am. They where never unattended, I was with them and as a law enforcement officer I believe I can handle 13/14 yoa boys. After we returned to the room and throughout the night we had people knocking on our door and running. I did not complain about this because I assumed it was some of the other kids that they had met that was also having a party. However my kids were a little rowdy due to a pillow fight that got out of hand and I handled that. I also made them get a vacuum cleaner from the maid the next morning and clean there mess themselves. I was told pizza sauce was on the ceiling I did notice that or I would have cleaned that up also. Apparently there had been some complaints from other rooms and damage to the pool and we were charged for this with no proof. I watched the children under my care and I made sure they cleaned there mess. I feel we were charged because we told the truth about having the party and due to signing your contract used as a escape goat. The reason for advising about the party was so we could be put in a location that would be less likely to bother other guest, not only that neither myself nor my wife where called at anytime about a disturbance. If we had been we would have advised them that we were also getting pranked by other kids. We have notes that had been put under the door from girls wanting the boys to come out. I didn't get any sleep all night just trying to make sure no one snuck out of the room. I have had partys at the embassy suites in the past and that is were I will be going in the future. It is beyond me how you feel you can charge us only because we were honest about a sleep over. We take full responsibility for the pizza sauce that we missed during our clean up but not for the damage to a pool in which we spent 30-45 min. in nor the disturbance of other guest.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Couldn't have been more satisfied with the treatment and hospitality we received from the hotel staff. They were wonderful and did more than they needed to, to make us comfortable and enjoy our stay. Nice location and nice rooms.

Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This location is staffed by the polite, cheerful and friendly people and I felt very well cared for. The hotel is very clean and tidy with attempts to make a suburban chain hotel as homey as possible. We slept well. The desk clerks and manager made sure we had what we needed , including cold diet Coke in a can. They helped me pack a box to mail. They knew the area and places to go and eat, directions included. The first floor housekeeper asked me no more than 5 times if I needed help or anything else. The gentleman who made the breakfast was the best, making sure everything was clean, fresh and tasty. Greeted me with a smile and made sure to tell me the biscuits were hot. I left breakfast with a greeting to him, "Have a good day." He responded, "Every day is a good day!"

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here this week as I was in town for an Inservice/ meeting. The hotel is very clean and has friendly employees. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. The lobby had complimentary teas, coffee and fountain drinks. In the evening they had cookies in the lobby that were fresh. Manager's reception was nice and food was good. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub was very nice. There also was a large exercise room adjacent to the pool. The continental breakfast was very good and offered hot and cold foods - nice variety too. The omelets and seasoned potatoes were tasty. The hotel was next to Quaker Steak and Lube and a Chuckie Cheese. { you could walk through the parking lot to both places} Behind the hotel was a Cabella's and other stores to shop in . Many stores and restaurants a short drive away.I would highly recommend this hotel to others and I have been here before when in town. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Tia B, Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation, and I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all the mentions of what we offer and we can't wait to see you when you return to the area!
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to stay to relax and unwind. Great location and hotel amenitites. Room with whirlpool very romantic. Coffee, tea as well as fountain drinks free at the hotel. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning-wide range of choices for breakfast. Something for everyone. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Felt as if I was important.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alisha G, Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad to hear you were able to unwind and relax while you were with us and I also want to thank you for the compliments to the staff. All of our guests are important to us and we strive to make them all feel that way. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Silver Lake,IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Really nice hotel. The staff was friendly at check in. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast had a nice selection of food. The hotel is a few miles off the interstate, but there are a lot of choices to eat and go shopping.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

moeman1, I'm happy that you had such a good time while you were here. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and I'm glad we were able to help you have a restful stay. I look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge? Share your experiences!