“"Every day is a good day"” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Preferred Place, Charleston, WV 25309   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“"Every day is a good day"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This location is staffed by the polite, cheerful and friendly people and I felt very well cared for. The hotel is very clean and tidy with attempts to make a suburban chain hotel as homey as possible. We slept well. The desk clerks and manager made sure we had what we needed , including cold diet Coke in a can. They helped me pack a box to mail. They knew the area and places to go and eat, directions included. The first floor housekeeper asked me no more than 5 times if I needed help or anything else. The gentleman who made the breakfast was the best, making sure everything was clean, fresh and tasty. Greeted me with a smile and made sure to tell me the biscuits were hot. I left breakfast with a greeting to him, "Have a good day." He responded, "Every day is a good day!"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here this week as I was in town for an Inservice/ meeting. The hotel is very clean and has friendly employees. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. The lobby had complimentary teas, coffee and fountain drinks. In the evening they had cookies in the lobby that were fresh. Manager's reception was nice and food was good. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub was very nice. There also was a large exercise room adjacent to the pool. The continental breakfast was very good and offered hot and cold foods - nice variety too. The omelets and seasoned potatoes were tasty. The hotel was next to Quaker Steak and Lube and a Chuckie Cheese. { you could walk through the parking lot to both places} Behind the hotel was a Cabella's and other stores to shop in . Many stores and restaurants a short drive away.I would highly recommend this hotel to others and I have been here before when in town. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Tia B, Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation, and I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all the mentions of what we offer and we can't wait to see you when you return to the area!
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to stay to relax and unwind. Great location and hotel amenitites. Room with whirlpool very romantic. Coffee, tea as well as fountain drinks free at the hotel. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning-wide range of choices for breakfast. Something for everyone. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Felt as if I was important.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alisha G, Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad to hear you were able to unwind and relax while you were with us and I also want to thank you for the compliments to the staff. All of our guests are important to us and we strive to make them all feel that way. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Silver Lake,IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Really nice hotel. The staff was friendly at check in. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast had a nice selection of food. The hotel is a few miles off the interstate, but there are a lot of choices to eat and go shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

moeman1, I'm happy that you had such a good time while you were here. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and I'm glad we were able to help you have a restful stay. I look forward to seeing you again.
Perry, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great place to stay, but internet service would have been faster if they had dial-up. I couldn't get any work done the night I stayed here. Staff didn't think it was a concern. Rooms were very clean and of nice size. The breakfast was also great, although we had a ton of college kids there that morning and there was no place to sit. The poor lady who was taking care of the breakfast couldn't clean up after them fast enough too. The kids were pigs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John N, I appreciate your review, and I am sorry about the issues with the Internet service during your stay. We have finally finished our Service upgrade and that should be taken care of now. I have discussed the handling of the matter with the Front Desk as well. I thank you for bringing matters to our attention and I hope you will give us another chance to show you a better time.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This facility is in a great location. However, our bathroom was the dirtiest I have ever seen in our many stays with Hampton Inns. Also, though it was quite cool, no heat was turned on. Instead, all that was on was the fan for air circulation. Cannot in good conscience recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient; however, I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lewisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed here at the "South Ridge", West Virginia location for business, so I was taken care of then and knew I would be treated as well or better with my family!! Thank-you to all the staff for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
John C, Thank you so much for the review and we appreciate the compliments to the staff. We look forward to future visits from you & the family.

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge? Share your experiences!