“Stay-cation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Charleston, United States
“Stay-cation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to stay to relax and unwind. Great location and hotel amenitites. Room with whirlpool very romantic. Coffee, tea as well as fountain drinks free at the hotel. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning-wide range of choices for breakfast. Something for everyone. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Felt as if I was important.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Alisha G, Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad to hear you were able to unwind and relax while you were with us and I also want to thank you for the compliments to the staff. All of our guests are important to us and we strive to make them all feel that way. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Silver Lake,IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Really nice hotel. The staff was friendly at check in. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast had a nice selection of food. The hotel is a few miles off the interstate, but there are a lot of choices to eat and go shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

moeman1, I'm happy that you had such a good time while you were here. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and I'm glad we were able to help you have a restful stay. I look forward to seeing you again.
Perry, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great place to stay, but internet service would have been faster if they had dial-up. I couldn't get any work done the night I stayed here. Staff didn't think it was a concern. Rooms were very clean and of nice size. The breakfast was also great, although we had a ton of college kids there that morning and there was no place to sit. The poor lady who was taking care of the breakfast couldn't clean up after them fast enough too. The kids were pigs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John N, I appreciate your review, and I am sorry about the issues with the Internet service during your stay. We have finally finished our Service upgrade and that should be taken care of now. I have discussed the handling of the matter with the Front Desk as well. I thank you for bringing matters to our attention and I hope you will give us another chance to show you a better time.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This facility is in a great location. However, our bathroom was the dirtiest I have ever seen in our many stays with Hampton Inns. Also, though it was quite cool, no heat was turned on. Instead, all that was on was the fan for air circulation. Cannot in good conscience recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient; however, I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lewisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed here at the "South Ridge", West Virginia location for business, so I was taken care of then and knew I would be treated as well or better with my family!! Thank-you to all the staff for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
John C, Thank you so much for the review and we appreciate the compliments to the staff. We look forward to future visits from you & the family.
Vienna, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Though they didn't have the King bed I pre-ordered via the internet, the room was nice with two Queens. The desk chair lift did not work. The cookies are to die for in the evening. Staff was very friendly. Facilities clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John G, Thank you for the review and I am sorry to hear that the desk chair lift wasn't working properly. We will make sure to have it repaired/replaced for future guests and hope you will give us the chance to show you that it was a one time issue, and not typical of the hotel.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We decided to have a girls' weekend at Southridge. It is a central location for my friends, and the hotel is right in the middle of great shopping and restaurants. The room was clean, but small. It had 2 Queen beds, but the room was a bit small for just the beds, and they had placed 2 chairs and an ottoman by the second bed. You could barely move around the bed. That would have been ok, but the mattresses are getting to the point of needing replaced. I love the beds at Hamptons, but these creaked, the mattress moved, and had seen better days.
We loved the pool area. It was a beautiful area. The hot tub overflowed into the pool. The had created private seating areas separated by curtains, in addition to the poolside tables. They also have a chair lift for accessibility to the pool. The plantings outside the windows really created a resort feel. The breakfast area was nice and there was a nice selection. If we choose this hotel again, it will be because of the pool and location. I f you stay, I would recommend asking if your room has a newer mattress.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
labsadore, Thank you for staying with us for your Girl's Weekend and I thank you for the compliments to the hotel and location. I am sorry the mattress was not up to your expectations, and I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We are working on replacing the ones that need it and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the comfort and quality stay that you expect!

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge? Share your experiences!