“Good Choice in Charleston, West Virginia” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Preferred Place, Charleston, WV 25309   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good Choice in Charleston, West Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was traveling with my mother and wanted to break up the drive between Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Charleston was about half-way, so I picked this Hampton Inn based on TA reviews. I agree that this is a top choice in West Virginia's Capital City area. It is about 4 miles off of 64/77, but well worth the brief "detour" as the hotel is in the midst of a major mixed-use area of retail and businesses. Thus, you have many dining choices around you and ample shopping should you need anything during your journey. We found the beds to be exceptionally comfortable and the room very quiet, so we slept well, which is not always the case when traveling. We did not make use of the business/pool/fitness facilities, but all looked to be in good order. The breakfast area was well-run and the offerings what I would call slightly above-average for a complementary buffet. Should I return to Charleston, I would certainly stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
washpa, I appreciate the detailed review, and it is nice to hear you picked us due to our reviews here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the compliments and descriptions about our location and amenities. If you come through Charleston again, we would love to see you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pataskala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had the most wonderful experience at this hotel. We slept so soundly, and when we woke up, it took us a while to realize we were not at home, we were so comfortable. Breakfast was awesome - nice and fresh, and plenty of protein (omelets, sausage, etc.), unlike most hotel breakfasts. We'll stay there again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle N, I can't think of a higher compliment to a hotel than yours about your wake up! Thank you very much. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us, and I look forward to your future stays!
Brooklyn Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inn. It was so clean and quiet. I was very happy with every part of my stay. I especially enjoyed the free continental breakfast and how clean the hotel was. The hotel staff was very helpful and made my stay very enjoyable! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kim N, I'm happy to hear you enjoy staying at Hampton and that your stay was so pleasant. Thank you for the compliments and I look forward to seeing you in the future!
Clarksburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice. It is in a great location near many stores and eating establishments. I really liked the breakfast....much better than a usual hotel breakfast. It is a great way to start the day. The pool is very nice too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew K, Thank you for the review and the compliments. We appreciate them greatly. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the pool and I would love to see you again in the future!
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located within walking distance of several places to eat. The room was great! Upon checking in, we were informed that they now offer free appetizers, soft drinks, beer and wine from 5:30-7:00pm every night. As usual, our stay was a good one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Lisa L, Thank you for the review and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our Manager's Reception, which runs from 5:30 - 7 PM (M-Thurs evenings only). It's great to hear that you enjoyed your room and had a good stay! We look forward to serving you in the future.
Wyomissing, Pa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton inn at the last minute. Very clean pool, jacuzzi and cabanas in the pool area to relax. It also connects to an outside area to get some sun. Location is incredible. Many stores and especially restaraunt choices as well as movie theater all within a quarter mile or less. You can walk to a few. Olive garden, Cabellas, walmart. Etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas F, Thank you very much for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and had so many nice compliments about the location and the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Martinsville,VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We could not been happier with our stay. The staff was friendly and professional, the room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. We used the pool and spa twice and they are a big step above the average pool area. . The dining area was bigger than most and separated from the food area which was really nice.an quiet. The staff kept everything fresh and neat. We made a return reservation as we checked out. Great place! l

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Mary L D,

I would like to thank you so much for the kind words you had for the staff and the compliments you gave to our hotel. I'm happy to hear you had such a good time while you were with us and we appreciate the recommendation from you. I am looking forward to seeing you on your return visit!

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge? Share your experiences!