“Great staff, pleasant stay, I will return.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Zachary, United States
“Great staff, pleasant stay, I will return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The facility was clean, neat, organized, and w/ great rooms. Really clean, well appointed, w/ great beds. I used the eliptical and TV just fine. The breakfast was surprising in the offerings. The staff were excellent. I was there for a few days for a conference and they were informative, friendly yet professional, and helpful with general questions about the area. A '10' from me!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This Hampton is tucked right in between the highway and some businesses. It's a little tricky to get to, but once there, it's a cut above the usual Hamptonality. Everybody, and I mean everybody is friendly right down to the guy who empties the trash. The place is clean and the decor is usual, but I really appreciated the little extras in the breakfast department, like sausage slices with maple syrup alongside the omelette ( you know, the ones they just heat up).
As far as being noisy, highways will do that and since we carry a white noise machine with us for other reasons, it didn't bother us, but I did feel sorry for the unfortunate woman in the room next to us who had a barking cough. I'm sure we had a better stay than she did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Romney, West Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After traveling for approximately 15 years for my job, and now retired, it is truly a pleasure to stay at the downtown Charleston, WV Hampton. You are treated as family and all your needs are met until you check out. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Louisville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is great. The staff was friendly staff. The room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was decent. Unfortunately, it is RIGHT next to a busy interstate. There was traffic noise all night. Will try another location next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Chugiak, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I read the previous reviews to decide to stay here. Good choice. Everything was great. Rooms clean, breakfast was great and free parking and internet. Staff was great and prices reasonable. I did not go to the pool but it looked ok. I will stay here again if I go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Baltimore, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I and our two daughters stayed here one night on March 30,2013 and it was very nice and clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The pool is very small but good for the kids to burn some energy off. It's very close to the freeway although I had no complaints about the noise as I requested a quiet room from reading the trip advisor reviews before booking. The continental breakfast was nice and the popcorn in the lobby was a hit with the girls. The clientele was very nice and friendly also. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Dow... C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are very glad that you chose to stay with us on your way through Charleston. We do look forward to having you back.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stay here for my son's wedding. The staff are so helpful and had are rooms ready so we could get dress for the wedding on time, after driving 6 hours. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30pm and wedding was at 4:00. I would stay again at this hotel again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown? Share your experiences!