“one night for early flight” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Charleston
WV
“one night for early flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed night of April 9 for early flight out next morning. Upgraded to two bedroom suite. Very nice and very clean. If early to bed and light sleeper, recommend earplugs as you do hear a few planes. But not enough to be a problem. Three minutes from airport.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Made a stop on the way to Myrtle Beach from Toronto. We were planning to stay at the other Marriott at the Towncentre but had a last minute change of heart. Followed the GPS to a hill just outside of the downtown core. Wife was a little disappointed when she heard the chirping of tree frogs instead of seeing the hustle and bustle of town centre shoppers. That changed when Nalisa greeted us with her wide smile at the front desk. Requested a city view room and was granted the wish. However, when she saw our "large" family, we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. Yes, three kids is a big family these days!

The hotel is located in a quiet area but all the restaurants and twon centre is a few minutes.

Rooms were spacious and clean. LCD TVs and a fire place is just what the kids needed. The outdoor seasonal pool was closed but my 15 years old had a chance to shoot some hoops on the outdoor court.

Breakfast was good and the buffet was well-maintained. Will recommend and stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear AKhanCA ,

Thanks for choosing Residence Inn. I am glad that we helped to make your stay a most comfortable one. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff and have already shared them with Nalisa. What a great reaction on her part to make sure you were comfortable. I am most proud that she knows that she can make those kinds of decisions and makes them for the comfort of our guests.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here for 4 nights every month since my dad died in March 2013, (with my 2 scotties) in order to be near my 83-yr old mother who is at a nearby assisted living. It used to be perfect because it's near mom and pet friendly. BUT the evening desk clerk was very rude to me during our last stay and ruined an otherwise ok stay. Her problem: A 6' tall man was bouncing a basketball in the LOBBY (yes, inside at the desk) & one of my scotties jumped for the ball. The desk clerk gave me "Hell" & said my dogs were out of control!!! What about a guy dribbling ball inside at the desk!! We've spent over $6,000 there since 3/2013. But we won't be back due to her public verbal attack on me. There are 10 other pet friendly hotels in Charleston; guess I'll have to stay further from my 83-yr old mom. It used to be a great place & everyone else always made over my scotties but that one person's tongue-lashing at me was unacceptable. We'll find another hotel even if it will be further from my 83-yr old mother. Very discouraging!!

• Stayed February 2014
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are always interested in our guests impressions and appreciate being made aware of their experiences.

I am sorry that you felt that you were not treated with the utmost respect while you were with us. I know that you have contacted guest relations regarding this issue. We always want all of our guests to feel respected, comfortable safe and secure, and knowing that you are a long time loyal Marriott customer we know that is why you and others come back again and again.

I want you to know that I have shared your comments and this incident with the entire staff and encouraged them to continue to address any safety concerns but to do it with great compassion for the people involved. I have also shared your positive comments regarding your room and the level of cleanliness.

Realizing that it is never easy to ask a guest to control their child or pet we still need to address these concerns. Had this been the first incident with your pets we would have let it go but we had other guests complaints, including another loyal Marriott guest who stated that his confrontation with your pets was effecting his decision to choose Residence Inn.

We are pet friendly and pet lovers. Not all of our guests are as comfortable around pets as some of us. I am a pet owner. The desk clerk is a pet owner and several other associates are as well. We are our pets’ stewards and owe it to them to not put them in upsetting situations.

When you left you stated that you would see us in a week or two.
We hope despite this incident you will choose to stay with us again.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Columbia, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

In town for graduate school weekend of studies and I arrive on the day of the infamous Chemical Spill on 1/9/14. I had already checked in prior to the DO NOT USE alert but the hotel ended up shutting down around 6pm - I was expecting them to at least let me know what was happening on their end, even though the issue was all over the news. Up to that point, service was great, room was clean, amenities updated, and I was very pleased overall with the property, even with their location being off the beaten path. I asked for a room away from the elevator, ended up getting a room 2 doors down from the elevator. Never heard the elevator but my neighbors were extremely loud - can't really help that too much. But for future reference in an emergency such as a chemical spill where no one can use the water for anything (!), I thought it would have been helpful to at least come see about me - offer options on where to go to get bottled water, explain their decision to shut the hotel down, etc. I know for a fact they contacted one of my co-horts who had not checked in yet, and offered to find them accomodations elsewhere. But, I was left to fend for myself - could have been because they already had my money for the night...not sure. The spill was not their fault - they just could have made it a better experience had they thought of their guests who were left to fend on their own.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are always a good choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are always interested in our guests impressions and appreciate being made aware of their experiences. At times of unusual circumstances we always want to perform in a manner that comforts and builds trust with our guests.

During this occassion a water main break in the city of Charleston was discovered around the same time as the contamination was announced. A decision was made the next day, after we had gotten water back that we would still close the hotel as we could not provide potable water to our guests. We posted signs the next day as soon as we knew, and many guests came and called for assistance which we happily gave. We had many guests that required no assistance and sought alternate accomodations on their own.

During a guests stay or even during events like this we try to anticipate our guests needs but also rely on our guests to let us know what they need to help get them through, be comfortable and have a great stay.

For guests that have not arrived we wanted to make sure that they had made alternate arrangements beore they arrived, which many of them did, or that we were able to help them make sure they had a place to stay when they got to town.

Just so you know, other hotels in the area stayed open through this event and the two Marriott hotels chose to protect their guests despite the loss of revenue.

Thank you for recognizing that your room and service were great. We take your comments very seriously and will share all of them with the entire staff.

Once again thank you for choosing Marriott. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise to have a room that smelled fresh. Clean and updated! The breakfast was average, but did the job. The hotel staff were friendly, but the food staff not so much. The hotel is a little out of the way, but not a daunting task.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Jay,

Thank you for your comments. We are always interested in our guests impression and appreciate being made aware of their experiences.

I am glad that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed alot of our amenities. We take alot of pride in our hotel and the service we deliver.

I will make sure that your comments are shared with the entire staff, with a special focus on food service and praise for housekeeping.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Greg
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Staff was fantastic. Nothing more to say. I don’t understand why the site has a minimum of 200 characters. I am a man of few words and I think I made my point with ~46 characters.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

After leaving another hotel downtown because it was so bad, we checked into the Residence Inn.
Fireplace in the lobby, friendly staff, great rooms with plenty of space. Very clean rooms and well designed to accommodate the business traveler. What a great find! Less than 5 minutes from the Airport too, which was very convenient for my 5:45 am flight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!