“Nice hotel in Charleston” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Cincinnati
“Nice hotel in Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Charlotte. The hotel is just minutes from I-77/I-64 and downtown. The rooms were spacious and very much up to date, including flat panel TVs. Breakfast is complementary and is typical of other Residence Inns. The staff was very helpful and gave us directions to Pies & Pints (highly recommended) which is in downtown. The only reason I am not giving them 5 stars as the internet, while complementary, is not wireless. For a new hotel and modern rooms, this is something that should be added in the near future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The staff here is so warm and helpful. One of the ladies who helped clear tables at the breakfast buffet also brought guests coffee refills, just to be nice. The woman who checked me in was very conscious about security. Everyone really made me feel at home. The room was standard. Bath was older, but fine. Large kitchen. Full size fridge, dishwasher. There is a calendar of events with something scheduled for each night. Last night was grilled burgers in the lobby. Only a couple minute drive to the airport. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The property is located in a sparsely developed business park only a short ways from the the interstate. There was no highway noise and it was approximately 5 minutes from the State Capitol. Our room was clean and well appointed. It had two LG flat panel TV's that offered a good number of Hi def channels. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hot breakfast was adequate. The hotel offered offered socials on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays evenings which included food and drink. We weren't able to sample, but the staff seemed enthusiastic about them.

On a negative note the mattresses were very, very soft. I would have much preferred firm.

Everything went smoothly and we felt safe and secure.

Room Tip: We asked for and recieved a top floor room with a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Clemmons, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

From arriving to leaving, the staff here were so nice and help. Room was spacious, bed was very comfortable. Had a stroller to push and everyone was so helpful with my luggage and allowing me to get breakfast. Wish this hotel would be everywhere I needed to stay. Really great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
chagrin falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Pros: Since RI has configuration of suites, this is a good option for families who need a night in Charleston. We had a one bedroom suite which gave our fam of 4 room to spread out. Clean hotel and nice staff. Varied selections at the free breakfast buffet served daily. About 1 mile off highway. Nice view of Charleston in distance, esp at night. Cons: Hotel decor is dated. Think early 80's hunter green and burgundy. The hotel common areas need new carpet. Strange location in an office park. Nothing near the hotel (shopping, restaurants), so you will need to venture out if needed (but for one nt, was not problem). Pet friendly hotel (this could be pro or con depending on your view) there was dog barking at us from one of the rooms while we unloaded our car. But, did not hear any dogs barking while we were in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of river or view of city skyline
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed here for several weeks and in general, it was a very good experience. The room was spacious and clean. The lobby has a very nice "homey" feel to it. The staff is outstanding. Very friendly and super attentive. And unlike some extended stay hotels, the rooms are serviced daily. The free breakfast in the morning was excellent and the light suppers three nights a week were a nice convenience on cold winter week nights. It is remote, tucked away on top of a hill in an industrial park. However, the area was nice a quiet and it was just a five minute drive to Charleston and a few good local restaurants. The exercise room is small but the machines are well maintained. There were two down sides. One is DSL internet, which requires a wire to the computer and was at times a bit slow (the lobby does have wireless internet). The other was the bed. They have foam mattresses that offer little support. That would be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I put up with it because I liked everything else about the property, but they truly need to shell out a few bucks for some better quality mattresses. That is the only reason that I stop short of giving this property an overall rating of excellent.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I traveled with my 3 1/2 month old puppy and my stay felt like home! The staff greeted my puppy with open arms and when they found out I would be away at work for long hrs, they offered to check in on my puppy and even walk it. Every day I came back with the front desk informing me of when he was taken outside to do his business and walk around and everything they did with him. I couldn't have asked for a better stay or a better stay!!!

I'm reporting all this to my company travel agency and definitely will be staying here again next time I'm working in Charleston.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!