“Bathroom could use better cleaning at base of tub and...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Charleston East to your Saves list
Days Inn Charleston East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6400 MacCorkle Avenue SE, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baytown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Because we had previously stayed here in October of 2012 and was extremely pleased with our rooms (we had family in 3 separate rooms) we felt confident in staying here again for four nights. Goodness, how things had changed in less than a year!! The first night we noticed cobwebs in the corners, mold on and in the refrigerator, thick dust on the top of the headboards, and the floors were horribly sticky, I wouldn't even take my shoes off at all! It was late though and we had three very tired and grouchy children so we decided to speak to management the next morning. After talking to them the next day we were assured that our room would be thoroughly cleaned or we would be given a new room. We left to visit family, confident that our room would be in great shape when we returned. My, oh my, were we wrong!! My husband and I were attending his class reunion dinner that evening so we returned to the room at about 5:15 to get ready. We were shocked when we opened the door and found that nothing had been done to clean our room at all! The beds were not made, no clean towels, nothing! And to add insult to injury, the maids had emptied the trash and took the towels that my husband had placed on the sink counter (which he does to make things easier for the maids) and threw them in the floor! And there was a very strong, unpleasant chemical smell throughout the room. The front desk people were appalled when we told them the condition of the room and called to inform their head of cleaning person who was uninterested in the situation. Due to time constraints, we changed rooms and checked out the next morning. We moved to the Red Roof Inn across the street for the remainder of our stay and was very happy there! DO NOT stay at this Days Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aliquippa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked a smoking room, however I have to say that it was like sleeping in the bottom of an ashtray. The room reeked of stale cigarette smoke ( I have stayed in many smoking rooms that do not smell). The toilet never worked right and quit flushing all together in the middle of the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Croswell, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked this hotel online. After our last Days Inn fiasco in Ludington, MI, I should have know better. The price was right. When booking it stated that the check in time was 1 PM. After driving overnight 12 hours, we went to check in on time and was informed that check in was at 3! After waiting 2 hours, we were finally able to get into our room. It was small and dull. The toilet was loose. It was a non-smoking room and reeked of smoke.

Over the course of 3 nights, our keys quit working at least 3 times. The internet passwords changed without any advanced notice. The remote was broken. The tv severely outdated. The mattresses were extremely hard. The floor would have been more comfortable. They booked a youth group or some kind of group with lots of young children in the same building. We had teenagers and should have had some effort made to put us where there weren't children running and jumping and running the halls all night. We received threatening notes under our door, presumably from the kids.

Parking was hard to find.

When we went downstairs on that Sunday at 8 AM to get breakfast (which was also awful) the housekeeping staff kept asking us EACH TIME THEY SAW US if we were checking out yet. Very rude. As for breakfast- microwave waffles, bagels and danishes. We watched a girl go through and touch each waffle then danish with her hands. GROSS! Then when we went to actually check out, once again accosted by housekeeping, we weren't given a receipt because their printer was down and they never gave us the information about the free shutterfly book. We were told a receipt would be emailed. We still have yet to receive the receipt or info on the book. We will NEVER EVER EVER stay in another Days Inn. I would rather sleep in my car. Awful experience in what was supposed to be a great vacation.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked a room for two weeks here due to work. First of all it took me three different times before I got a room that was suitable. The first time I got a none smoking room but it smelled of stale smoke, the second room had black mold all over the curtains, and the third room they gave me the cleaning ladies hadnt even touched it yet. The staff at the front desk are rude and ignorant, the pool is on the smaller side, and is to be opened at 9 but most days wont open it till 11 or whenever they feel like it, the rooms are extremely outdated in looks with big box tvs and really old microwaves, and air conditioners. The rooms have two full size beds which are extremely old and have stains all over the mattress. The free breakfast in the morning was about the only decent thing here they offer. I will never book here again, high price for what this hotel is which is extremely outdated, stained up walls and bedding, stale smoke smell, rude front desk people. I highly dont recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Charleston East? Share your experiences!