“Well, at least it was a golf course, sort of” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 32 attractions in Charleston
Steubenville, Ohio
“Well, at least it was a golf course, sort of”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was given the information and directions for this "Executive Par 3" golf course from the front desk at the hotel. The best thing I can say about it was the greens fees were only $10.30 for 18 holes. While it is a small, Par 55 course which makes it easy to walk, you may not want to. The greens were absolutely horrible with many divits and debris all over the place. I will grant you, it was early in the year, April 4th but the grass was bright green and luish. The fairways were moved nicely and the course is pretty straight forward. There are no riding carts so either pay $2.50 for a push cart or carry your bag. You could probably get by with a 5 iron, SW, and putter. A number of the holes back up on the river so you may want to have a few balls with you, especially if you slice or hit long from time to time. Getting on the green was easy enough with many holes in the 85-140 YD range but that is where the adventures begin. The green were pitted and the little "helicopters" or seeds from the maple trees filled the greens. It appeared no efforts had been made to clean the debris from the greens as some of them had been walked down and been on the greens for quite some time it appeared. While reaching the green in one, I never 3 or four putted so much in my life even if I spent considerable time cleaning the debris, the divits and pits underneath were still there. On two occasions my ball actually came to rest in divits causing another stroke. The clubhouse attendants were polit, cordial, and the facilities although somewhat old, clean and fairly well maintained. It is a public course and I would guess does not have a professional greenskeeper. If I returned it would only be driven by price and the short length of the course to work on my irons and chipping.

Visited April 2012