“outdoor dining” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Description: An Urban Beach Bar & Grill serving natural and locally grown beach food, cold beer, and frozen drinks!Come join us on the deck! We also feature Buzztime trivia and sports hdtv!
Charleston, West Virginia
“outdoor dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

cool little place for an outdoor meal near the capitol. The catfish tacos are really tasty as well as the pulled pork tacos.

Visited June 2012

Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Food and service were good, place is small, okay overall.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were on a long road trip and needed to stop for dinner. We always try to hit somewhere Yelp-recommended (since we don't have a lot of variety where we live) so we picked this place because we love a good fish taco.

First? Parking is a nightmare. Especially if you're not local and aren't familiar with the area. The main parking was full, the street was full, and there were no directions were else we should park (the lot was full of "[OTHER BUSINESS] PARKING ONLY" signs, which didn't help us). We eventually went down the tiny alley next door and there was a big open space with some parking spaces and no NO PARKING signs so we parked there--though I honestly still don't know if it was legal.

Second? It's just a small place, so the person who takes your order is also the one who delivers your food to the table...but of course we didn't know this, so when we got to the counter, we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Then finally a guy walked by and said he'd be with us in a minute.

Third, it's a SMALL place with only a handful of tables (see photo). There is seating outside, however.

Fourth? Be prepared to wait. And wait. And wait. I'm guessing it's a one-man kitchen, because for our two orders of tacos and one french fry? It took a good 30 minutes--which is honestly something we didn't really need with a toddler and a newborn. And they were busy, but not slammed (i.e. no standing lines or anything).

Fifth? The food is good--not great, just good. I'm glad we went and I'm sure we'd go there again if we lived locally, but it didn't knock my socks off. And the margarita was pretty meh.

Last? The service was very personable. The guy was super nice, and even took the time to chat (and dance!) with our 3yo son!

So, overall, an A-OK experience. Three stars.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“very slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I got the fish tacos for take out. It took almost 45 minutes for me to get my food and they were not that busy. When I finally got my food, I found them bland and not worth the wait. I will not be back. The atmosphere is funky and fun, with a great front porch and good beer selection, but that will not lure me back in. There are many other restaurants in town that are better.

Visited April 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Tricky for Sure”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The place is small, not too clean, full of flies, not many parking spaces, slow service and slow order delivery(50 minutes for 3 people after we ordered). Temp outside was 87, temp inside 86.
Food we ordered--hot dog, onion rings, and bar b que sandwich were very good. If you have plenty of time, and don't mind a kind of dumpy place, try it for the food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Great food, fun place. Unexpected in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great environment. Food was good and little unexpected. Accustomed to urban dining hours, we showed up with a big crowd just before closing but were still able to enjoy great service and a quick informal dinner.

Visited June 2012