“Favorite part of Downtown Charleston” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 252 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Favorite part of Downtown Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My favorite little bookshop! A cafe, bookstore, art gallery and generally ecclectic place to be! This store is very unique in comparison to other stores in the area. They sell a different variety of books not found in B&N or Walden's. The art gallerty features local artists and state-wide artists at a absolutely affordable rate. This includes Glasgow glass, which is manufactured approximately 20 minutes up Rt. 60.. This is the only place I would go to for solace in Charleston.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Weehawken, New Jersey
“A wonderful and surprising gem in Charleston, WV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My colleague and I had some free time during a business trip so we decided to walk around Charleston. The front desk person at the Marriott told us that if we got the chance to stop by Taylors we should. Taylor’s is divided into three sections.

First, there is a bookstore. If want to peruse a classic bookstore that is not Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com, then this is your place. They have all the bestsellers and then some. I was able to pick up a cute children’s book for my son.

Second, there is an art exhibit/showroom off the bookstore where local artists display their creations.

Third, tucked into the front of the bookstore is a cute (for the lack of a better word) café. They have an expansive menu for such a little shop and their drinks were excellent. I ordered a s’mores coffee drink and it was full of great flavor.

If you are in Charleston and a bookstore/art exibit/coffee house is of interest to you, then I highly recommend Taylor’s Books and Café.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Martinsburg
“stopped in, didn't buy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stopped here with a co-worker in the morning. He was buying coffee, I just browsed the store. Very nice selection of books. Coffee bar looks similar to starbucks or any coffee bar.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great selection of books!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped in to browse while we were waiting for our pizzas to cook next door at Pies and Pints. Very nice staff and atmosphere. Great selection of books, and many people seemed to be enjoying their coffee and desserts.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Coffee and books”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent selection of books for every member of the family. The coffee was great, I highly recommend the Highlander Grog. The live music was nice too.

Visited July 2013