“Delicious Food...Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Vegan, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Road Bistro is located in the quaint South Hills neighborhood of Charleston, just minutes from downtown. Since opening in 2004, the Bistro has earned both regional & national acclaim for its cuisine & has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for the last 5 Years. Our cuisine is classically rooted with global & contemporary influences while supporting local farmers, regional producers & our community. We specialize in locally grown vegetables and grain fed natural beef, veal & lamb. We support our WV Farmers and provide many seafood and American dishes as well. We have 2 private rooms for intimate settings. The Walnut Room may accommodate up to 50 guest and the Ellis Room 25 guest. We have a wonderful Breakfast Buffet on Sundays. Live Entertainment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Caterings for weddings, rehearsals, business needs and any other special occasion you may have. Deliveries and Pick Ups welcome as well. We Hope to See you Soon!!!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delicious Food...Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Charleston for business when I decided to try this restaurant. It was so good I went back a second time. On my first trip, my server suggested the Sauteed Pecan Dusted Monroe County Trout saying it was "a taste of West Virginia". Well, after enjoying that dinner I decided I REALLY like West Virginia. It was great. When it came time for dessert, Christopher suggested I try Myra's Awesome Carrot Cake. Now I come from the South and we know our carrot cake down here. I was leaning toward trying something else but Christopher convinced me that I wouldn't be sorry. Oh, how right he was!! That was absolutely the best carrot cake I've ever had. AMAZING!! Everything was so good that I decided to go back. This time, different server suggested I try the Baked Bistro Crab Cake. First I had the pumpkin soup which was fantastic. Then, when I got my entry I discovered the problem with that soup...that cup of soup was so filling that I could barely eat the crab cake. That was a shame because it was quite delicious! And I didn't even have room for dessert. But I can't regret that delicious pumpkin soup

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Urbana, Ohio
“Yummy Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

While traveling through Charleston we met my sister and niece here for a weekday lunch. Service was very prompt and the waitstaff answered any questions we had. Two of us had the daily special that was a chicken, bacon panini with the homemade chips. The sandwich was great but the chips were thick and a little chewy. The others of us had the Grecian Chicken Penne pasta. It was a marvelous dish with a large amount of chicken. They readily eliminated an ingredient my niece didn't like. The Bistro is located in an area of interesting shoppes. Would love to go back again!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Yuppy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The meal we had at Bridge Road Bistro was good but overpriced. The service was excellent. It isn't the type of food we normally eat so we will not return for that reason.

Charleston, West Virginia
“Over priced, small portions, yuppy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a common place for the wanna be wealthy hang out. The food is okay, the prices are too high for what is received. One visit was enough; not highly impressed. It the place where those who want to flaunt money go to show the rest of the guests who they are.

Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“No big deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Pretty good place that benefits from its location in the affluent suburb of Charleston. Decent menu and above average service. Setting and decor weren't especially enticing--just another sports bar design with inescapable tvs interrupting the conversation. Locals rave about the homemade chips. They were just another grease-sogged comfort food that one gets used to liking. Quite pricey.

• Visited March 2012