“We had a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Indianapolis, Indiana
“We had a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our room was nice and clean, comfy beds. In fact I went on line and bought one of the firm pillows. They need some signage on the road because it isn't an obvious address. Breakfast was great. The only odd thing about the room was the sink in the bathroom. It is a beautiful bathroom, but the sink and pedestal are pretty high. I am short, therein was the dilemma. Otherwise all great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Cherri D, Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. We appreciate the comments and I am happy to hear your stay was restful. We would love to see you again on a future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel had a very nice lobby, clean rooms, and free breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a free shuttle to take you to and from the airport, local attractions and local shopping. There was minimal wait time for the few times that I used the shuttle. Also, you can reserve shuttle times in advance. Although across the river from downtown Charleston, the shuttle can take you to any location within 15 minutes. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the back as a railroad line runs behind the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
professordoctormom, Thank you for the gracious compliments. The Staff and I appreciate the way you went out of your way to name those employees that helped you the most. We are all happy to hear that your stay was exemplary and we look forward to seeing you again!
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wow, this is a terrific improvement over the old Ramada. The wonderful bird, Mosa, is still there. The entire place has been remodeled and expanded. Mia and Kimberly greeted me. I was working in the meeting room on Sunday night to get set up for Monday. David in restaurant checked on me in meeting room and said it was the first Sunday they were open for supper. The cobb salad is excellent and the bar/restaurant area is gorgeous. It's very open and airy. Both the banquet attendant, Nanami, and Brandon (meeting setup) introduced themselves. Joyce in sales also came by to check that everything was right for our meeting.

Room Tip: There was a complimentary breakfast for guests. This was a nice surprise (and it was delicious).
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a very well managed Holiday Inn. The lobby and breakfast area are clean and well designed for a modern atmosphere. The hotel is overstaffed allowing the opportunity to assist all guest with their needs. The guest rooms are standard rooms with basic amenities. The bedding is not as plush as one would think considering the price of the room. The Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West is a good place to stay, but if price is an issue there are better choices in the immediate area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Connoisseur72, Thank you for the review, and thank you for the compliments on the staff. I am sorry to hear that you feel you didn't receive the value for your stay, and if you would care to discuss the issue, I would be very interested in talking to you. Please call me (General Manager) at the hotel at your convenience. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you a better stay the next time you are in Charleston.
Belington, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a gracious welcome I received from "Jim," the bell boy, as I arrived in the HI & S parking area. Before I exited the car, I called to him for directions to check in; he offered to take me to the front desk, brought a cart for my luggage, showed me where to register and then returned to escort me to my room, after completing the registration. My luggage was placed conveniently in my room by Jim and a kind offer to provide any assistance during my stay was given in parting.
Checking in was quite a pleasant experience. After checking my paperwork, there were missing items, but "Chris" patiently researched the material and later responded to my frequent inquiries as I got settled in.
This is a first class establishment and the staff is responsible for earning that reputation.
Happy with my stay and thankful for the pleasant experience. :-)

Room Tip: I like the upper rooms...my first stay is quite peaceful on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Lynne S,

I want to thank for such a wonderful review of our property. It is our staff that makes us what we are and it is wonderful to hear that you feel you received such excellent service from them. We are always here to help and want our guests to feel relaxed and taken care of. I thank you for the compliments to the staff members that helped you the most and let you know that we appreciate the time you took to make them.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was a great hotel. We stayed the night of September 12, morning of September 13 and the food was great in the breakfast area. There was a woman (outside the kitchen)and man (cook in the kitchen who came out to bring more food) working especially hard to ensure everything was great. The eggs and potatoes were EXCELLENT. Room was clean, everything was great about this hotel and I would definitely stay here again. What a Holiday Inn should be!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Seashells988, Thank you for the compliments and I am very happy to hear you had such a great time while here. I am glad the staff made such an impression on you and we truly look forward to a return visit when you come back this way!
Bluefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stay was awesome. Greeted by Mia with a smile and a complimentary drink for the day. Staff went above and beyond to answer my questions. Chef wasn't even on duty but personally prepared my lunch anyway...even though they don't offer lunch. Great staff here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
amandalawrence7, I want to thank you for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the compliments on the staff and service and we look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!