“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been traveling for business over the last two months spending every other week in Charleston. The Holiday Inn and Suites on Second Ave SW is my home away from home. Mia always greets me with a smile and warm welcome. Tonight she said "Welcome Home" when I walked in the door. This hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. All of the staff are polite and friendly. The complementary breakfast in the morning is very good and the hostess always ensures I have what I need. Staying here makes my time away from home much more enjoyable. I work long hours and I often order room service. The food and service is very good and reasonably priced. I will continue to use this Holiday Inn as my home away from home for travel in WV. Thanks to all of the staff for all that you do! It is obvious that customer service is a priority for you!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Janine B, It's humbling to be called a second home, and I thank you for it. We do our best to provide every guest with exceptional service. It is wonderful to hear that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us and we appreciate the great compliments you have had for the staff and hotel. We hope to continue to be your Home away from Home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I love staying at this hotel. I stay here frequently for business. I enjoy every stay and every time I arrive, Mia welcomes me with a smile and excellent hospitality. I love this hotel and the owners. I will continue to stay at this amazing hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael W, Thank you so much! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your stays with us. I appreciate the compliments to the hotel and staff and we look forward to seeing you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was so very pregnant and driving about 8 hours, I needed help with my bags and was traveling with a large dog. Mia greeted me and was so patient and kind, the manager on that night was extremely friendly and accommodating. I felt like tey went out of their way for me, but in all honestly I think that's just how this hotel was. Ill definitely be back if I ever drive through again. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and great service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013
Arosehendrix, We greatly appreciate the comments, and are happy that we could provide you with the excellent service all our guests deserve. I thank you for the compliments to the staff and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return when you come through Charleston again.
Williamson, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at several different Holiday Inns in the past. So much so that I joined their rewards program and am now a Gold Member. When I arrived for my stay, the desk clerk told me I had booked two rooms. I told him I must have made a mistake and what can we do about it. He told he couldn't do anything. Being a Gold Member or even Silver, they are suppose to have you a goodie bag with water, crackers, ect. Well this guy just said, thanks for being a gold member you want some water or something? So I was upset from the beginning. The rooms were clean and comfortable as always. When I called customer service, they refused to refund my money. Im quit upset and doubt I will stay at Holiday Inn anymore if this is how they treat return visitors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LouAnnJustice11,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with our front desk and your reservations when you arrived at the hotel. We will work to improve the items you have brought up and I would like to discuss this with you at your earliest convenience. If you would please contact me at the hotel, at (304)-744-4641 and ask for the General Manager so we could talk about what occurred.

Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were very tired from driving and were looking for a campground. Couldn't find one so we were in need of a dog friendly hotel. How nice to find this one. Mia was so helpful and friendly. She made checking in so easy. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Michael B, I am so glad we were able to provide you with a pet friendly place to stay, and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. We certainly would love to see you the next time you come through Charleston!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wasn't to excited about staying in a Holiday inn hotel, I like Holiday inn expresses better, but was very taken back on the clean spacious rooms. Great hotel staff, front desk was very nice and helpful. The staff in the morning at the breakfast was above helpful and friendly. I went to get potatoes and the man attending to filling the food up asked me to just wait and he would have hot ones right out. What hotel breakfast bar does that? Usually they wait until its empty before giving you fresh. When you finished your plate a staff member was right there to remove it from the table. I think this speak very well on the staff at the hotel.
The pool area was one of the best I have seen. There were kids everywhere but still plenty of room for you to sit and relax and yet still have room to get in the pool. GREAT!
The bed was unbelievable, so comfortable and it all smelled fresh!!
I will go back to this location and recommend it to anyone!!

Room Tip: The higher up the less noise,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pansey43, I'm very happy to hear that you were wowed by your stay at our hotel! Thank you for the compliments to the staff, they are appreciated. I am very happy you stayed with us and that we were an exception to your normal traveling pattern. We look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We decided on a last minute family vacation (2 adults, 2 kids) where Charleston was the half way point on the drive to our destination, and the drive back home a week later. They would be late arrivals both times after 8 hours of driving.
The first night I found it a little tricky to locate the hotel in the dark. However after parking we drowsily entered the large, well lit clean lobby. We could see the interesting view of the pool, bar/breakfast area the business centre (2 pc's and a printer). Being platinum member we were upgraded to a suite on upper floor. It was quiet, spacey room. Didn't notice noise from train. All good. A week later we were on the ground floor in a simple room. I found it cramped and generally noisy (could hear the train and hallway noise). There seemed to be more kids around, probably accessing the pool. So 1st night was a 5 while 2nd was a 3.....
Both rooms had 2 double beds which I found a bit on soft side. Both rooms were clean though the 1st floor one seemed to have more dings here and there. The minifridge, microwave, tv, WiFi all worked fine. I found the climate control a bit noisy in both rooms. Check-in/check-out went well. Breakfast was fine serving typical fare though seemed understaffed as some things ran out and tables were not being cleaned out quickly (though plenty of tables). Staff was friendly.
I would go back but definitely will request a room on upper floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dagger_TO, Thank you for the balanced review! I am sorry to hear that your second stay with us was less satisfactory than the first though. I am glad you enjoyed your stay both times though, and that you would come back to us. We will look into the issues you brought up and make sure all stays are top notch like your first one. We do look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!