“Great Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were driving halfway after camping and the kids really wanted to stay at a hotel. So, we stopped here to see what they offered. Beautiful! The pool area was clean and the front desk area was nice too! There is a little restaurant that has a nice feel to it and the room was wonderful! Thank you to Mia who helped us! She went above and beyond and working in retail, I appreciate good customer service and Mia definitely represents your company well! Thank you again Mia!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
April P, Thank you so much for the review and your kind comments about the hotel and about Mia! I am glad you and your kids had a good time while you were with us and I hope to see you again in the future.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently conducted a workshop the Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West in Charleston, West Virginia. Everything from the time I arrived, until e time I departed was excellent. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Upon checking in, I was very enthusiastically greeted by Kim and Mia. I had some challenges with some cords for my LCD projector cords. They were successfully handled by Nanami, my banquet specialist at no additional charge, and they even provided a complimentary flip chart. As a trainer, who teaches customer service, I was totally impressed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Charleston, West Virginia area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carlton R, Thank you for the compliments to our staff and hotel. I am happy to hear you were impressed with the service you were given and I appreciate your recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again.
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I made an online reservation for a king suite and specified that I had a pet. Upon arrival, I was told that my room would have 2 doubles rather than a king because pets are not allowed in the king suites. I asked why I had not received a courtesy call informing me of the change in my reservation. Neither the desk clerk nor the manager had an answer other than "I don't know". I asked why Holiday Inn's online system took my credit card # for a guaranteed reservation of a king suite with a pet if the hotel wasn't going to honor the reservation. Neither the desk clerk nor the manager had an answer other than "I don't know". A second desk clerk told me that i wouldn't find another pet-friendly room in Charleston that night -- hard to say whether that was intended to be helpful or a gotcha -- she didn't offer to call any other hotels as she should have done.

The only concessions offered by the hotel were a pet fee waiver and a room rate reduction of less than 10%. When I've experienced difficulties at my usual hotels (Hampton Inns), the room has been comp'd, no questions asked.

I took the room and had more reason to regret it during the night. Four days later, my leg is still swollen where the bug in the bed bit me.

One final note -- this hotel is only a few blocks from a major refinery of some sort. God help the hotel guests if there's every a release of toxic material from that plant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tooleyweeds,

Thank you so much for your review. While we try to honor all guest room requests and pet requests, at times, we cannot honor both together. I apologize that you did not receive the suite type you desired.

We will also check into the other issues you encountered during your stay.

Thank you so much for visiting the Charleston area. Our hotel is surrounded by a variety of businesses including industries. In fact, immediately across from the hotel are two churches and a middle school.

We hope that if you are ever traveling back through the area with your pet, you will stay with us again.
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel has been the halfway stop for my family for several years, since it was a Ramada in fact. Recent renovations on basically everything really made it a great place to stop. The rooms were very clean and the hot breakfast was appreciated over a regular continental. Everyone was friendly, including the front desk manager at 1am. The indoor pool has also been updated and even though we got in too late this time, its good to let the kids get some energy out. Close to I64. The area is pretty industrial but the hotel makes up for it.

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
scarroll76, Thank you so much for the review! It's glad to hear that we've been a stop for you for a while and we appreciate the compliments you gave us. Thank you and we truly look forward to being able to serve you and your family again in the future.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week having previously stayed there a couple of years ago. I can say for certain that the money they spent on the refurbishing was well spent.

The lobby is fantastic. Very nicely done. Nice indoor pool. The room was done nicely as well. Quite comfortable. Good bed, good shower, nice lighting and a quiet AC unit.

Easy to find and ample parking. Easy to get back on the freeway.

There is still absolutely nothing around this hotel other than a 24-hour Hardees (which may be just what someone needs at the time) but you are not far from downtown or anywhere else you want to be in Charleston.

All-in-all, a good spot to stay while in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Gramps25,

Thank you very much for such a kind review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the remodel and renovation of the hotel. It is also nice to hear you compliment the room and amenities. There are many small family restaurants just a couple of blocks away (in the other direction from the Hardee's), and I'm sorry you were not informed of them. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our family stopped here for a brief overnight stay while en route back to our home. We checked in well after midnight and were greeted warmly, professionally and then checked in promptly. The hotel is absolutely pristine and my husband commented on how contemporary it is and he "felt like he was in an upscale Vegas hotel." We were informed of the complimentary continental breakfast which was delicious & fresh. Everyone was super friendly and went out of their way to make us as comfortable as possible. We will definitely be making this particular location our "go-to" stop for future vacations. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
truckintoduck, Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed the design and how well you feel you were treated while here. We appreciate the compliments on the staff and we look forward to seeing you soon for a future vacation!
pineville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here for a week, was on a business trip. The rooms were small and the beds are small too but adequate for 1 person. Excellent pool area and hot tub. The place was gorgeous. The parrot is an added surprise kids would love that! The price is right! Staff was very nice and professional.

Room Tip: Park in the back, and when you leave the pool go through the grounds instead of having to walk by th...