“Looking Forward” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Nashville, Indiana
“Looking Forward”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had stayed last fall in the middle of the remodelling and was anticipating my return trip to see how things turned out. I am very pleased with all of the updates from the entrance to the restuarant, pool, hot tub, and excercise room. It is a much better layout with a nice new look. Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone and "nice job". Facilities make a big difference but a special thanks to the outstanding job of customer service at the front desk with Chilou. "Taking care of the Customer" is a reality here and what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bev K, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
I want to thank you so much for taking your time to give us such a kind review! I am very pleased with the service you received from Chilou & the rest of our staff. ‘Taking care of the customer’ is our reality here and I’m pleased you were here to experience it. I am also happy that you like our updates so much (We do too!). I’m so glad you returned to see the finished look of our hotel. I hope to see you again the next time you come by and will be looking forward to it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one evening. The hotel was really nice. We did have one problem. When we got to our room on the top floor, we heard a loud noise behind the wall of our bed and in the bathroom. We thought it was just the remoldling of the hotel (machinary) and that they would be done working when we got back from supper. When we got back. We keep hearing it. Then it hit us only a wall behind the bed seperated the elevator from our room. We where hearing the hydrualic everytime someone pushed the button for the elevator.

The guy working at the front desk. Was so nice. He gave us a suite across the hall from our old room. so we didn't have to move to far. It was a gorgeous room. Living room, full kitchen and a seperate bedroom.

My husband and i were really suprised that they have rooms that close to the elevator. They should have made it a storage room or something else since no one could sleep in there with the noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bev K, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for the Review! I’m sorry there was so much noise from our elevators in your room, and I’m glad that we were able to take care of you by moving you to a larger, quieter room nearby. I will be taking steps to see what we can do to alleviate the noise level in those rooms and appreciate your comments about it. I look forward to seeing you again when you come back through.
Beverly, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

What a fantastic stay! This hotel has been recently remodeled and is absolutely gorgeous. The staff was very helpful and courteous throughout my stay. The restaurant has updated their menu and the food is outstanding. I tried something different each night and each entree was delicious. I travel on business throughout West Virginia and I would not even consider staying anywhere else when my work brings me to Charleston! I would definitely recommend this hotel to the business and vacation traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bev K, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you so such for the review! I am pleased you had such a great time and want to spend your time in Charleston with us. I also appreciate your kind words about our helpful staff and the great experiences you had with them. I am glad you enjoyed the revamped and remodeled hotel and that you are willing to recommend us. I believe you will enjoy your next stay with us just as much, and I look forward to seeing you again when you come to Charleston!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!