“Don't listen to anyone else! This hotel is AWESOME!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Evansville, Indiana
“Don't listen to anyone else! This hotel is AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were reading the reviews just like you, I was nervous, frankly. I booked this hotel because we were driving to DC and this hotel was almost perfectly in the middle, a perfect distance to stop. At the time of booking, this hotel was number one in Charleston, yet there were still questionable reviews about it. We arrived for our first night and walked into a perfectly accommodating room with all the amenities that an overnight traveler needs. The room was flawless, comfortable and welcoming. Mini fridge, microwave, good internet and a roomy and current stand-up shower. The shower and toilet areas are separate from the sink area, which helps when my family of three is getting ready in the morning. The beds were fresh and clean and the flat screen was nice. We enjoyed our night.

Now, on to breakfast....

I read several reviews about breakfast that had me scared. "Typical hotel fare", "Breakfast was horrible", "Not enough food"....and on and on.... NOT TRUE!!! This hotel has: grits, oatmeal, two types of cereal, breads, waffles, danishes, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, biscuits, warm gravy, eggs for biscuits, sausage patties, sausage links, fresh fruit, pineapple chunks, 3 kinds of juice, iced tea, hot tea, coffee of course, milk and muffins. What else do you need? The food seemed fresh to me, I left the breakfast full each time and my family felt the same way. The hostess was also very nice.

So, in a nutshell, this hotel is up-to-date, nice staff and you won't regret your stay, unless you are a pretentious nitwit!!! :-)

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it felt very convenient, ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

A good value. Very clean. Rooms updated and well done. Lots of different lighting in our room (over dsk aea, next to bed, etc). Our handicap room was small but again clean and well appointed. Pillows and linens were good, though towels were skimpy. Bkeakfast normal hotel fair. There are no king beds. Restaurant next door with homemade soup and open til 9pm.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor near parking lot door. It was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
highwayman935
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Located off the Mink Shoals exit on I-79 (just outside of Charleston, WV), this Sleep in was conveniently located for our stay. We came to Charleston for the Mountain Stage radio show on a Sunday but showed up early to check out the sites around Charleston.

The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly.

Breakfast is what I've come to expect from a Sleep Inn. Eggs (scrambled / hard boiled), sausage, fried chicken, sausage gravy, various breads, yogurt, fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, and fruit salad), coffee, juices. Although its a standard breakfast, I think it was a treat. That, and breakfast was available until 10:00AM. That was a huge plus.

Located directly next door to the hotel is a cute family restaurant. We didn't eat there, but we heard great things from others who decided to give it a try. They looked busy all weekend. I think the name of the place was "Hardings."

There is also a pizza joint located within walking distance.

Some folks have commented about the bathrooms not having a door. The doors are there. They are pocket doors. They work. This is becoming pretty standard in Sleep Inns. They're designed to save space and make the room feel... well... roomier!

Ask for a room on the "entrance" side of the hotel if possible. I-79 is on the other side. The traffic sounds like light thunder but didn't bother my sleep at all.

No pool. No real exercise room.

Beds are comfy. The AC works. There is a fridge, microwave, personal coffee maker, and hair drier in every room. I needed a can opener, went to the front desk, & they actually had one! I really can't say anything bad about this Sleep Inn. I really like what these folks have going. The Choice Hotel line has yet to let me down.

Room Tip: Ask for an entrance side room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very clean, up to date, good deal. Good beds, breakfast was above average for most hotel breakfasts as they go! Good bathrooms, easy location to get anywhere in Charleston. Ample parking. Also good coffee in lobby

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel was very nice and modern inside. The rooms are pretty spacious and very clean. Flat screen tvs and comfortable beds. My only complaint is that the breakfast was pretty terrible. They were out of a lot when we went down at 8:45 and what they did have wasn't very good. Breakfast is from 6-10. There is a Hardings right next door which could be you're breakfast. I still give 5 stars though because the stay was nice. We were here for a funeral and they gave us a bereavement rate.

Stayed April 2014
Newport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The people were so friendly and helpful. The motel is clean and well kept. The room was clean and we had a handicap room. The shower seat was very comfortable and easy to use. The breakfast was very good there was lots of choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I pulled into the Sleep Inn in the midst of a blizzard. Any port would have sufficed in this storm, but we were definitely glad we picked the Sleep Inn. The room was very comfortable and clean, and reasonably priced. Breakfast was also pretty substantial. The parking lot was a little bit tough to navigate, but that may have been due to the snow obscuring the parking spaces. The hotel is also a bit far away from downtown Charleston, but is conveniently located next to I-79. This will be my go-to hotel from now on when I'm in the Charleston area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!