“Last Night on the Road from New Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Queenstown, Maryland
“Last Night on the Road from New Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Started to get late and we were tired so just pulled into The Sleep Inn on Pennsylvania Avenue in Charleston, West Virginia. I was amazed at the excellent decor of this facility when I stepped in the door. The Customer Service personnel behind the counter were OUTSTANDING in helping me get a room. I asked for a ground floor Non-smoking room and after some search they found they had one which we took. They offered AAA discounts as well as a Military Discount which meant a lot to me and offered substantial savings on the room. We saw where the breakfast room was and it was very well furnished. When we got into our room we were REALLY impressed by the decor and the cleanliness and the ammenities we found there. The room had a black and white motif and two double beds which was immaculately made. Wi-Fi worked excellently as did the TV. We are impressed and will definately choose Sleep Inn on further travels. I guess what pushed us over the edge in staying here was the tea and coffee and cookies offered at all times. GREAT Place and I would definately recommend anyone staying here. I guess I will edit this tomorrow to let you know how the breakfast was.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA and or Military discounts if you qualify. Downstairs and non-smoking are available for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Southside Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Recently, we spent two nights at Sleep Inn and were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room and the bath are fairly small but if you are not using the room to entertain, you will be fine with the size. This is the second occasion we have used this hotel when visiting Charleston and have always found the rooms clean and the staff very helpful. In conclusion, I can add very little to the helpful reviews already posted.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you think you will be bothered by noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a little issue with the room upon arrival and the gentleman at the front desk rushed to my aide and saved the day! Really nice decor in the rooms. They did a nice job of taking what they had and really making it look modern and fresh. Grab bags of goodies like cookies and popcorn. very nice. Roomy desk and work area. New TV and excellent selection of channels. Great Wifi. great shower and lots of top notch amenities like toiletries and coffee service. The one and only place for me when I travel to this area. This hotel lives up to the Sleep Inn brand 115%,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a bus filled with soccer players and a few chaperones and this hotel treated us well. We didn't arrive until 1:30 AM and the person running the reception desk was very pleasant, even at that hour. The rooms were extremely clean and nicely maintained. When I was checking out there was a businessman also checking out and he said he stays in that hotel whenever he has business in the area. Repeat customers are always a good sign! The only reason I'm not giving this hotel 5 stars is because I had the room closest to the highway ramp and it was extremely noisy. Wonder if there is something that can be done to help with noise reduction on that side of the hotel?

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway, the trucks are very loud!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is the best Sleep Inn I have ever encountered. The decor is freshly updated w/current paint color, the furniture is modern, the bathroom is spa quality and the linens are exceptionally nice. The staff was very friendly. There is a local restaurant right next door. The breakfast @ the hotel was NOT continental, but have many offerings. The water tastes so good here, so the coffee was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My new bride and I stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon (which was last May; I can't believe I didn't write a review then!). We chose the Sleep Inn because of it's high rating on TripAdvisor, and we most definitely were not disappointed! It was easy to find, even with a fairly late arrival time, the desk staff was wonderful, the lobby, elevator, and corridors were all clean and had a brand-new look to them. Our room was amazing, from the color scheme to the (slightly unusual, in my experience) layout of the bathroom, to the comfortable bed. The hot and cold offerings at breakfast were amazing! We certainly ate our fill! On checking out the next morning, I noticed that even the parking lot was clean and inviting (it was very well lit at night, too!). I highly recommend the Sleep Inn if you're ever in Chrleston!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For under 100 bucks, you can get a v. nice room close to Charleston. You will need a car, of course, to get into town, but it is an easy quick drive. The staff are wonderful, both the front desk personnel and the lady who maintains the breakfast area. My room was very clean. When I requested a room on the river side (as opposed to the freeway side), my wish was immediately granted.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the river side....the freeway side can be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business