“Honest Staff, adequate accommodations” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Pekin, United States
“Honest Staff, adequate accommodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Staff at this hotel were very honest. I lost my very expensive cell phone and it was returned to me promptly! Accommodations were adequate, and the breakfast was great as long as you were an early riser. If you are a late riser, I would recommend finding breakfast elsewhere, as they ran out way before the advertised closing time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The staff, espeically the manager, was a nightmare! Stayed here 11 weeks straight (Mon-Fri) and every week the reservation was messed up. They checked me into a room and later claimed they didn't know who was in that room so they moved all of my belongings into the lost and found while I was at work. My company put me up here, if I had the option, I would have never stayed here!

Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Hotel Oxford is a quiet little hotel just on the edge of the tourist area of Rome. The staff was great and we are still communicating with them even though we have returned home. We highly recommend this hotel. The price was very reasonable and I think it helped that we went in September during the off season.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Princeton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Only place I will stay!. Great staff, the desk clerks are friendly and efficient; fresh breakfast with plenty of choices-I recommend the waffles; clean facility, room is always straigthened, bed made, restocked with fresh towels; comfortable bed with plush pillows; in room temperature control; perfect location; convenient walking distance to office, shopping and dining; just a couple of blocks from the Capitol Market. Free wifi, never any problems with connection. This is not a 5 star hotel, but it has everything you need when away on business.

Daniels, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I went to check in and my card wouldn't go through. I had a few more dollars on my card than what the receipt said, but the card was declining. The person at the front desk didn't tell me that there was a hidden $10 incident fee and she just kept trying to run my card like she didn't know. After I told her that I knew that I had enough to cover the room and taxes etc., then she told me about the hidden fee. I offered to pay for my room in cash and she said I couldn't do that. Finally, they let me pay the $10 incident fee in cash (they tried to make me pay $20 at first and I told them "No" and suddenly it was $10 again). They turned something simple into something very annoying and time consuming. Overall, the room was decorated nicely. It needed a good dusting and my feet turned black walking barefoot on the floor. There are no microwaves in the rooms, so I had to go downstairs to heat up my food. They had the lights turned off where the microwave was, so I had to pull out my little pocket flashlight to cook my daughter's food. Finally, they turned on the lights after my husband asked so we could eat, but then security had to keep an eye on us while we were just trying to eat our left overs. The teenager security guard (wanna be cop) with a black eye kept pacing all around while we were trying to eat. I've never felt more uncomfortable. It's best just to stay in your room.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I greatly appreciate the customer service received by Travis. I made a mistake in booking and was told by Best Western 800 number that there was nothing that could be done. As a loyal Best Western customer, I was disappointed that they would not work with me. When I called this property Travis LISTENED to my problem, and worked with me to resolve. Very much appreciated !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Overall the facility is about what you would expect for the price point. Breakfast was hot and tasty. Fitness & Business center were clean and had good equipment. While most of the staff is friendly the desk clerk that worked 7/24/14 was rude and actually yelled at guest over by the elevator. She is teh weak link on their team

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!