“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had to stay in the city for a work meeting. Gorgeous room, not a bad price....breakfast was great.
Internet worked very well. Room was very clean. Close to a few restaurants within walking distance.

Pool area looked fun but it's November in West VA so it was closed. Check in was very easy and Brandon was a great person to talk to and interact with.

I will stay here again if given the opportunity. Check this place out when you're in Charleston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband & myself took my mother to WV for the 1st time & we stayed at the Best Western in Charleston 1010 Washington E Street. Charleston, WV. We have stayed in the location on all our visits except one. This is the best location the best staff the food is great and the rooms are very clean. Loved the pool last summer. Never used the Gym but it looks great. Never had a problem. Will con't to stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Do NOT stay at this hotel if you value your personal safety and the safety of your personal contents. I had reservations at this hotel from Tuesday to Friday. When returning to my room on Thursday around 2 p.m., my door was left open. Housekeeping had left my door open. And there was no one in sight. I contacted the desk downstairs and I contacted the 800 number. I had asked to speak with the owner of this hotel. This incident happened on Oct. 24, 2013. And as of today, November 11, 2013, I have yet to hear back from the owner of this property. The person I spoke with at the 800 number was not accommodating at all. When I told him that it was Housekeeping that left my door open, he questioned me with "how do you know it was Housekeeping"? I told him that I left my room with the bed unmade and towels on the floor. When I returned, the bed was made and there were towels hanging up. His next excuse was, "Well, maybe she ran out of something and had to go get it." My response to that was that that's fine, but CLOSE MY DOOR. I told the front desk staff that I would give them time to make this right before I posted my horrible experience. I think 2 1/2 weeks is plenty of time. I have made multiple calls to the hotel requesting to speak to the owner. The excuses I had gotten were "there's a three-hour time difference," "There was a death in the family," "He's out of the country." This is unacceptable behavior, and a total lack of response from this property/organization. I will never ever stay at another Best Western again and I would encourage everyone to avoid this property if you're staying in Charleston, WV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 day weekend at this hotel. The location is in downtown area close to the Clay Center, CAMC General Hospital and many restaurants. We stayed 3 nights Thurs-Sunday. The hotel is very clean. Our room was clean, very comfortable bed. We also had our dog with us. The only minor set back to having a dog is you will have to walk a little ways when taking your dog out to the bathroom. It didn't bother us considering we are appreciative to find a "pet friendly" hotel and don't mind walking a little to get to the grass. Staff is friendly!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We where recently on a road trip and decided to overnight in Charleston, WV. We selected this hotel because of it's location close to interstate 64. The rooms are excellent with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was a hot self serve style and I enjoyed all the choices that where offered. The Staff was excellent in taking care of all our needs. I would stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a King non smoking room on the Higher Floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
elkton, MD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is what you usually expect from Best Western. Comfortable room, clean, fully stocked with plenty towels, toiletries. It was very close to the Interstate. We only stayed one night, but if we were to stay longer we would like more room to put luggage; another table, 2nd luggage rack. The lobby is beautiful. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We wanted to stay here to be close to everything and our family that lives here came to visit! It was a wonderful place with everything that we needed! The beautiful court house was near by, Kanawha River was near and entertaining! Watching several people row a boat, people walking, ducks in the river that reminded me of being a child when I was up at the lakes near the pier and it was so peaceful! Several restaurants around the area that was great eating! We would stay here again if the opportunity allowed us!! One of the quietest motel that I have ever stayed at! Staying here will not disappoint you and you can walk to many things around!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family