“Okay stay in older Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Calgary, Canada
“Okay stay in older Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was satisfactory but the hotel was a bit dated. The staff were not the most friendly but my wife and I did not have any bad experiences. Would stay here if I travel in this area again but I don't see this likely in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mary a, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I am terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I have talked to all staff concerning customer service and ensuring everyone enjoys their stay with us. If you would like to talk more, I would love to talk to you.

304-345-9779

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here Sunday night 8-25-13 while returning from a bass tournament on Lake Erie. This hotel is right off of the interstate. Even though it is downtown the connecting parking lot had plenty of room for our two 40 plus foot rigs. I booked two king rooms at only $89.00 per night per room which I thought was a very good price. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The bathrooms were nice, the ac control was in a regular control box on the wall, the TV had a perfect picture, the shower was hot and strong, they even had the towels on a rack at the back of the shower which I thought was nice. The room had a fridge that was nicely concealed in the cabinet under the TV. At 11:00 pm a security guard locked the front door so the only way in was a call box or a room key. The morning breakfast was very good and the breakfast area was nicely spacious. When we left out in the am it was a straight shot back to the interstate. Without a doubt I have found the perfect future stop for our trips from NC to Ohio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your great comments! We appreciate any and all feedback. There will be a Bass fishing Event going on in Charleston June of 2014! Maybe we will see you then!

Thank you again!

Sixmilebridge, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is well located within walking distance of the city centre and is just a short drive off the interstate. The rooms are clean and well appointed and the beds were comfortable. There is a good selection of items available for breakfast, and the staff were very helpful and friendly during our week-long stay. The laundrette is located in the hotel adjacent and we availed regularly of the clean outdoor swimming pool. The only downside is the extremely slow internet in the business centre and the elevator, which is not much faster. However, neither of these issues would prevent me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mary a, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your nice words about our property. We do hope you will return soon! Enjoy what is left of the summer, if you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me.

HARLEYSVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was a little apprehensive after seeing some of the earlier reviews but I had no issues. Site quality and value were excellent. Clean room, everything worked. Parking was a little wonky but any in-city facility will be. Your motorhome will not fit; a full-size pickup is no problem. I would return without hesitation. Easy walking distance to downtown and the 'Live on the Levee' amphitheater venue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mary a, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad we met your expectations! I hope you will return. Live on the Levee is a great time! I hope to see you back next summer! Blake Shelton is coming soon, hopefully more concerts in Charleston soon!

West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had to stay four nights. My room was not clean upon arrival nor was it cleaned throughout the week. It was convenient for me to attend training. I will not stay at this hotel again. It is a sketchy place to say the least.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would love to make it up to you. If you would like to call or email me, I would like to make up for your bad experience.

Please contact me at anytime.

Marya@swhm.com
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

excellent service very convenient from interstate clean up to date. I would recommend highly. A hot full breakfast that you do not get very often anymore. Nothing like a good experience when traveling, to finish the night off with a great nights sleep

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. We hope we exceeded your expectations! Come back soon.

Jane Lew, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This Best Western is very conveniently located in Charleston WV. It is close to I 77, I 79 and I 64. It is just a few blocks to the State Capitol. It is within walking distance to Charleston Town Center Mall. The room was very clean.Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Nice outdoor swimming pool. One of the cheapest hotels in Charleston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
mary a, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to complete a review on us! I will share this with all of my staff. Hope you will stop back by and see us again!

Mary Adams

Been to BEST WESTERN Charleston Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!