“Get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Burlington, ky
“Get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were on a 12 hour drive home from vacation and decided to stop for the night. Coming off vacation we were looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay since it was literally just to sleep.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for! The hotel was cheap and not very inviting. Pretty sure many people live here. After we were checked in and settled, there were several rooms with doors open and people sitting in the parking lot drinking.

The room itself was not so great. Everything was very worn, old, cracked, stained but clean. The beds were ok, pillows were awful. You didn't get much sleep as the place didn't feel very safe overall, I was worried about my car. You can hear most everything from outside so any little noise woke you up.

Very convenient to the interstate so easy to get back on the road in the morning. There are several restaurants nearby

Next time through, would spend a little more and stay at one of the other hotels in the area, there are several others.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place is noisy 100% of the time. Many people seem to live here and are extremely loud with music and talking. The only thing I can say in its favor is that it is somewhat clean. Bedding is noticeably old and worn out. Don't come here if you plan on sleeping. I was constantly worried our cars would be broken into.

Stayed August 2014
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We spent one night travelling through the area. Many of the hotels in the area were full so we came here. Location was very convenient to Charleston, midland trail and the highway. Room was adequate and clean.

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

While the bed linens appeared fresh and clean, EVERYTHING else about this place was dismal. The morning weed whacker outside our room was the perfect send-off. It served as a rest stop enroute, but we left as soon as possible in the morning.

Room Tip: Find alternate lodging.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This roach motel is the worst place I've ever stayed. I've been to third world countries and those would be considered five star compared to this horrible room. Very strange people walk the parking lots, I saw two men looking inside our SUV windows. Rooms are dirty and falling apart, appears to have blood stains on the floor. The bathroom has mold growing up the walls and tile floor does not have grout tiles slide. Electrical outlets are half uncovered and will shock you. Beds are uncomfortable and I've had bugs crawling on me. I can't believe this place hasn't been shut down due to conditions. I could go on and on and tell you endless reasons to avoid this infestation.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
slatyfork wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was partly my fault. I had booked the room through wyndam rewards and put in the wrong dates. I contacted wyndam. They were very nice and said for me to stay on the line and they would call the knights inn. The knights inn said too bad!
Our computers are down and there is nothing they could do. Of course their credit card machine was working and they charged me anyways. Now they will get paid twice. I own a small inn and I know full well they could have issued a credit. We stay in Charleston regularly and will never stay their again. REALLY BAD customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!