“Twilight Zone I've stayed in better rooms in third world countries” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Charleston

You added Knights Inn Charleston to your Saves list
Knights Inn Charleston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6401 MacCorkle SE, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
“Twilight Zone I've stayed in better rooms in third world countries”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This roach motel is the worst place I've ever stayed. I've been to third world countries and those would be considered five star compared to this horrible room. Very strange people walk the parking lots, I saw two men looking inside our SUV windows. Rooms are dirty and falling apart, appears to have blood stains on the floor. The bathroom has mold growing up the walls and tile floor does not have grout tiles slide. Electrical outlets are half uncovered and will shock you. Beds are uncomfortable and I've had bugs crawling on me. I can't believe this place hasn't been shut down due to conditions. I could go on and on and tell you endless reasons to avoid this infestation.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
slatyfork wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was partly my fault. I had booked the room through wyndam rewards and put in the wrong dates. I contacted wyndam. They were very nice and said for me to stay on the line and they would call the knights inn. The knights inn said too bad!
Our computers are down and there is nothing they could do. Of course their credit card machine was working and they charged me anyways. Now they will get paid twice. I own a small inn and I know full well they could have issued a credit. We stay in Charleston regularly and will never stay their again. REALLY BAD customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Carroll, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were only passing through Charleston and weren't arriving until 9:30 at night and leaving early the next day so when I saw business travelers on this site rating this hotel as old but clean we thought it would suffice. I just wanted a clean/cheap place to sleep and shower. Boy were those reviews wrong. First off we had booked 3 rooms and when we arrived they had given our room to someone else. So 2 in our party got into their rooms immediately but my family had to wait for it to be straightened out and given a different room. Our room was marked as non-smoking but the stench of smoke was overpowering. I was afraid to let my children walk barefoot in the room as carpet appeared dirty and my son said" I stepped on something mommy". We decided we would just get up extra early next day to make our next destination to shower as the bathroom was disgusting. Bed and pillows very uncomfortable and I barely slept all night. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Dirty, stinking, gross!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Website stated they had pool and hot tub. Pool is half full of green rotten water and fenced off, with loose rocks around edge of pool. Only one ice maker and soda machine located in office lobby, and drink machine was out of order. Front desk staff seemed detached and uninterested in providing service. Two lamps not working in room because they were both missing light bulbs. Not even worth the Priceline price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Burbank, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't think you could go lower as a human being. Non-smoking rooms with cigarette burns everywhere. Pool half filled, green and fenced off. You have to beg for an additional towel.

Seriously, I felt like levitating the whole night, so I wouldn't have to make contact with anything.

Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE!! Complete Jerks To Start Off Wit And Then They Don't Follow What That There Sites Says!! Very Unclean Rooms And Very Unprofessional Staff To Say The Least!! Shady Looking People Wander The Parking Lot At Night And Follow You!! This Place Should NOT Be In Business At All!!

• Stayed September 2013
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This property produced a decent stay, but the property was far from perfect. There were some burn marks in the furniture of the smoking room I was given. Everything was otherwise clean and functioning properly. The pool was clean and warm. It’s too small for laps, but good for kids to splash around in. The complementary breakfast was only coffee and juice, with no solids of any type provided. The biggest flaw was the thinness or flimsiness of the building. The floors were bouncy. The walls failed to keep out very much noise, with loud neighbors and a nearby train horn clearly audible at all hours of the night.

Overall, if this is where your budget brings you, you’ll survive. But you might consider splurging for better if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!