“Live action in the parking lot” 3 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Charleston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6401 MacCorkle SE, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Anderson, South Carolina
“Live action in the parking lot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

There wasn't even any donuts when I was there, but for the money and as tired as I was it wasn't that bad. The drug raid by Charleston Police dept. a couple of rooms down from me provided some good live action and a free reality show, which I enjoyed since I'm a S.C. cop. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Location was good, plenty of places to eat. close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Painesville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Room had mold on ceilings and in the bathroom. The towels felt like sand paper. Got a non-smoking room, the sheets and comforters had cigarette burns on them. The pillow cases were either stained or dirty. The pool was advertised as open, when it was not. Asked at host for information on what there was to do around the town and she could not tell me anything. I would not ever stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Lexington, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Rate was reasonable. But upon check-in, was told pool was not available because they don't have handicap lift. The pool was the main reason we picked this MOTEL. (not even a real hotel). We had only 2 towels and one washcloth. Really not enough. The microwave was at least 10 years old, and broken. The TV is from the late 80's early 90's. Flat screens are cheap now. Upgrade! Went to management the next morning and expressed my concerns, and said I wanted a refund. I mentioned that the website boasted a pool, and he actually tried to say that the site also says "Seasonal." It's freakin June. After I said that, he refunded me the money for the night I didn't stay, but only offered me 50% off the night I did stay. Not really acceptable, but, I just want out of this Hell hole.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nelsonville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is really not that bad of a "motel" if you can get past its imperfections, that being said i had to spend a week in Charleston while in a coal mining class and didn't mind the staying here. For the price I paid at the end of the day I was glad to have a bed to sleep on and a ice cold beer to finish the day. The breakfast left a little to be desired due to the fact that it consisted of a couple boxes of doughnuts and coffie and once the doughnuts were gone the breakfast was over.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Convienently located near an exit from the Interstate.
Close to restaurants.
Staff was friendly.
We stayed for 3 nights and found the condtion, cleanliness, and value of the room to be outstanding.
Excellent service too!
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Really bad! We had stayed here a couple times about 10 years ago and it was ok then, so we stayed again this weekend. It smelled bad and actually had air fresheners in the room to cover it up. Casework is mad of painted plywood. Not clean. Beds sounded/felt like plastic. Toilet seal was so broken that all contents ran out on the floor. How long has that been going on?! And was it ever sanitized?!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Anything you plug in will immediately fall out because the holes where you plug the prongs of a plug in at are ALL too close together in every single outlet. Cable is so basic and sucks. Internet is great, never slow. No coffee machine or blow dryer. Tv is too low too see from bed and bolted down so you can't move it over. Dresser drawers all broken and jam.
Housekeeper is great but some indians at the front desk are unreasonable. I locked myself out running to my car and went to the office for a key and they wouldn't let me in my room which contained my insulin & phone because the room was in my fiancé's name. I don't even want to imagine what could have happened if my fiancé hadnt miraculously returned from work thanks to rain one minute later.
No signs of bed bugs. Knock on wood!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Knights Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!