“Nastiest Place EVER! & Very RUDE!” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Charleston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   6401 MacCorkle SE, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
East Bank, West Virginia, United States
“Nastiest Place EVER! & Very RUDE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very very RUDE, We were given a room that was so dirty that I felt like me and my children needed a tetanus shot, at first we thought we could look over the dirt & food all over every walls, until we left and came back 2 hours later and Pulled down the blankets and there was dirt all over the bed! So we went to the front desk and the man was raising his voice at me and was sooo rude that I felt myself shaking, all I asked for was a clean room to switch from that one, another customer was standing there and heard how rude this man was, she asked me was this place nasty besides being also rude and I told her YES! Also the pool was green, u could not see the bottom of it for nothing, and there was things floating in it, & things all over the bottom disgusting doesn't even compare how grose this place is! Don't come here, save your money!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Worst place I ever Stayed in, Tried to get another room, & the man said he didn"t have a vac, which was not true. The tile in the bathroom was not grouted, just laying in the floor. No cover in the ceiling to cover the lights, The electric outlet looked like someone had burnt it in the dressing room. The room was dirty & smelled. The freezer in the refrigerator was full of ice & very dirty. The front door did not seal, you could see llight all around the door We Paid for 3 nights, When we checked out The Person on duty said they had NOT been full. The desk clerk did not want to do a little work, to the paper work or a refund.

Room Tip: Check the room out before you pay or read the reviews
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

this hotel is horribel nasty and the walls have mold in are refrigerator was rotten bob evans mash potatoes cobwebs everywere theres also no phone in room 323 holes in ceiling sink nasty and the shower is stinky and he wont open pool the red floor is brown from dirt and we are a major company and window broke with dried blood would like email from owner or authorties at bigbyrd95@yahoo.com

Room Tip: not knights inn room 323
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Warren, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is disguisting. Went to stay there in May of 2012 the rooms smelled horrible, holes in the wall and cockroaches. Turned right around and left and checked into another hotel and Knights Inn would not reimburse us our money. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!! Needless to say we didn't stay here and ended up having to pay two hotels for the same night. My rating for everything is a 0.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Booked three rooms for a Sunday night-was worried after I'd seen some of the reviews, but for $50.71? This was totally fine! Was it new? Did it need some work? Totally, but you get what you pay for. Clean enough, close to food and the highway-mini fridge in each room. I was totally satisfied. If you want a 5 star hotel, you have to be willing to pay for it!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

On my way to Ohio, I stayed at this Knights Inn directly off of the highway. Plenty of food and beverage options nearby increased this motel's appeal. Now...for the property itself. Hands down, just as the title says, THE BEST $45 room I've ever had...PERIOD! Clean, quiet, with fast Internet, wide selection of TV channels, and micro and fridge, I walked out of there the next day a well rested and Happy Camper! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed over one night over the Memorial Weekend- the price was somewhat reasonable at $57 including tax, and it is a great location, with McDonald's right across the street, other restaurants, gas stations, and grocery stores in the immediate vicinity- plus it is very convenient to I-77. I've also had fairly good experiences with Knight's Inn, so I decided to give this one a try. I definitely prefer being able to park right outside the door, which is why I went here instead of the nearby Motel 6.

It didn't take long after getting into the room, to realize that this place has seen far better days. The floor was very creaky and "spongy", the A/C unit was very loud. The room also had almost no furniture. It had a single queen-size bed and two chairs, and that's all, except for a chest that the TV sat on, leaving a huge empty space in the front half of the room.

I did find everything to be clean, and I didn't see any bugs or have any bedbug problems that others have reported. (lucky? possibly) The TV worked, and the room did have a refrigerator and microwave. I wasn't able to use the wi-fi due to computer problems, so I don't know how well that worked.

I was able to get a good night's sleep- the bed was ok, and there was no outside noise in the section I was in. The loud A/C was at least enough white noise, that it didn't bother me while sleeping, but it could interfere with a lighter sleeper.

The next morning, I was completely unable to find any ice anywhere. The only ice machine I saw was locked behind a door that the security card wouldn't open.

I would definitely try a different place on any other trips through this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Charleston? Share your experiences!