“This hotel is a great place to stay while traveling.” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6305 MacCorkle Avenue Southeast, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
NC
“This hotel is a great place to stay while traveling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We checked into this hotel as a stop over while traveling. The desk clerk was very nice and efficient the room was nice and clean. Wifi is great. Bed was comfy. It was a very comfortable welcome reprieve from a hard day traveling.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff prides itself on making our guests feel welcome and we are proud to say that our rooms are remodeled and completely smoke-free. We hope that if you are in our area again you will choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Brecksville,Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We needed a pet friendly hotel near the Charleston area. The cost was good but there were a few areas this inn needs to improve. The 100% smoke free rooms are very nice but the areas outside the rooms need to be picked up. Our room was recently updated except the bathroom had a slight mildew smell and needed to be cleaned behind the door.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your stay. We are pleased to say that pets stay free and since our renovation we are now 100% smoke free. I do apologize for any issue that you may have encountered. I will address these issues with the housekeeping and maintenance staff so that we can assure you the matter will be taken care of. We do hope that if you are ever traveling through our area again you will choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The room was reasonably priced and very clean. The front office staff was very helpful. Evidently the hotel is pet friendly, but I did not have any issues there. People in close proximity very courteous.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City. We are pleased to say that we strive to provide excellent accommodations and our staff strives to make sure that each and every one of our guests leaves satisfied with our services. We are pleased to say that pets stay free at Red Roof Inn. We hope you choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City if you are ever traveling through the area again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our almost 2 week stay at this location. The room was very clean; also Carol and Connie at the front desk went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. Thank ya'll very much for that.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
First, let me thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs. We are pleased to say that we strive to provide excellent accommodations and Connie and Carol are valued members of our staff and work hard to ensure that each and every one of our guests leaves satisfied with our services. We hope you choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City if you are ever traveling through the area again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Super clean rooms, friendly people couldn't ask for more...... But I got more..... I left my computer in my room. I called them and they had it waiting for me in the lobby before I could get back to the hotel. Now that is service, THANK you CAROL!!!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City. First, let us thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Carol is a very valued member of our staff and I'm very glad we were able to get your computer back to you in a quickly and timely manner. If you are ever in the Kanawha City - Charleston area again, we hope that you choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

This place is way better than the dump across from CAMC Memorial. Holy cow, drive a couple miles and get a clean modern room! I couldn't believe the hospital ran the dirty motel across the street from a really awesome hospital. We just could not take another night there and found these reviews on Trip Advisor, and bam, spot on really nice place.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
First, let me thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs. We are very pleased with our newly renovated and updated rooms. We are pleased to say that we strive to provide excellent accommodations and our staff strives to make sure that each and every one of our guests leaves satisfied with our services. We hope you choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City if you are ever traveling through the area again.
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

When I head south on I-77, I like to start off with a half day and stay in Charleston. My preference is the Red Roof Inn located on the south side.

I made reservations for a free stay using one of my Redicard free stay certificates. The phone operator was courteous and helpful, but every time she spoke the words started off at a near shout level and dropped to a whisper due to what I presume was a bad microphone, It made it difficult to understand her, but she got me the reservation for the same night, evne though I called around noon. I even got a Premium King room for free.

When I arrived, they were holding two rooms for me because I had asked for a first floor room. I gave up the Premium King and stayed in the Standard King because I have two weeks worth of baggage and did not want to haul it up steps to the second floor. As compensation for the lesser room, the front desk gave me two waters without me asking fro anything. They did very good by me when I checked in.

The room, as it typical with Red Roof Inn, is reasonably sized,clean and comfortable. You get very good value here. No, it is not the Waldorf Astoria, but you are paying a budget price and getting midrange amenities including a refrigerator and microwave.

The area has plenty of restaurants with all levels from Wendy's (literally located int eh center of the hotel) to several sit down restaurants within five minutes walk. I favor Bob Evans personally. There are also a couple of reasonably priced gas stations within a few hundred feet of the hotel.

One of the few downsides of the hotel is it is immediately adjacent to the interstate, and it can be louder than you may like. Getting a room onthe back of the first building helps.

I continue to come here because they give me excellent value and a good night's stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of te building with the office if you want it quiet.