“A Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“A Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed many times at this Red Roof Inn and have never been disappointed. They have recently updated and remodeled the rooms and the result is a very pleasant, clean stay. The beds are quite comfortable and the flat screen tv worked great. The cleaning staff do a wonderful job - my room is always clean and tidy. Connie, who works the front office, is one of the reasons why I keep coming back when making a trip through West Virginia. She is so welcoming and genuine. I traveled alone the four times I've stayed here this year and for extra security, she always made sure that I was placed in a room where I wasn't off by myself. She is a definite asset to this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
VENICE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This location was recently been updated and everything was wonderful. The room was very clean with a flat screen TV that had the best picture quality I've seen (I know what brand TV I'll buy next for our house). The Internet was good (a little slow at times but worked and I didn't loose connections). The bed was very comfortable and the AC worked well. The free wifi and long distance calling feature was very nice. Every room has a frig and microwave which is another very nice feature.

The front office staff was amazingly friendly.....chatted with me as if I was an old friend.

Point Pleasant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had to be in Charleston on a Saturday nite and looked online and this was in the top ten..guess that is because there are limited hotels in the city. However not here to complain. Room recently remodeled per ad and seemed clean, including and importantly, the beds and bath. Was worn outside but only there for 12 hours so unconcerned.
Only coffee in the morning.. but that too ok due to price. Counter people friendly enough and no issues with the room with the slight inconvenience of weak wifi..which of course could be due to distance.
Would stay there again if didn't upgrade in another part of town...about as expected and if in the market for just sleeping arrangements would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor...may shorten walk to room by good bit.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs. We hope that you stay with us again if you are ever in the area. I understand the room you were in lacked some of the extra amenities. W e do offer a Premium room which has a snack box , that includes a breakfast bar and orange juice. For your convenience this room also includes a coffee maker for in-room coffee for your convenience. We do value you as a guest and look forward to serving you again at Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first Red Roof Inn stay. Caught my attention as they allow pets and don't add on fees like most hotels. Check in process was a breeze. Good exit and location next to gas and food. The room was one of their premium rooms and it was very nice. I like the fact they give you a fridge and microwave in the room. With the premium room, there is a gift basket in the fridge waiting for you. Nice add in that had a bottle of orange juice, water, pop corn and a few snacks. The premium room is for sure worth the few extra dollars.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City for your lodging needs. The premium room that you stayed in is our newly launched room and we are very glad to say that our guests who choose this room are greatly pleased with it. In addition, our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome and at home. We hope that if you are ever in the area again you will stay with Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City.
charleston,sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Website said that all rooms were completely remodeled. Not possible. The a/c cover was cracked and falling off. Drapes old. Nasty pieces of carpet by door and bed. I was hesitant to take my shoes off. I was so disappointed since I booked this room because it was suppose to be clean.

• Stayed August 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant experience. Our motel was remodeled approximately a year and a half ago and we strive to make sure that the rooms are kept in a clean and working order. Once again I apologize and if at anytime you have an issue with your room please let our front desk clerk know and I assure you will the situation will be rectified. We hope you will choose to stay with our motel again.
Robins, Ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This Red Roof Inn was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Would recommend to anyone. Hotel is just off interstate. Its nice to have a hotel that doesn't charge crazy fees for pets. Like us I am sure most pets are part of their family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City. We are pleased to say that pets stay free when you choose our motel for your lodging needs. Our staff strives to make every guest feel welcome. We hope you choose Red Roof Inn - Kanawha City if you are ever traveling through the area.
Garfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The corners and edges had cob webs, so it needed to be dusted. The edges of the floors by the walls needed to be swept of debris. The drawers on the dressers had debris in them, so they needed to be wiped clean. The knob on the temperature thermostat kept falling off. The blanket on one of the beds had a stain on it. The desk had a cup stain on it, so it needed to be wiped. As soon as you open my door to the unit, you could see cigarette butts on the ground. People should throw the cigarette butts away and not have them all over the property defacing the potential look of quality the property could have.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
First, let me apologize for the condition of your room when you stayed with us. Please be assured that I have addressed this issue with my housekeeping staff as this is not acceptable room standards. If at anytime the condition of your room is not acceptable, please contact my front desk and we will be more than glad to rectify this matter for you. I hope you will give us another opportunity and choose to stay with us if you are ever in the Charleston area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City? Share your experiences!