“Front Desk” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Foster, Kentucky
“Front Desk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I want to thank Connie at the Front Desk she is the only one that ever gets my boyfriends reservation correct and put his corporate code in to get his discount...the rooms are nice and clean I would differently recommend this hotel to anyone...Thanks Connie you are awesome

Room Tip: I like the preminum king room it is nice to have that snack in the morning
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Connie is an awesome employee and has recently won a very prestige award for her great customer service we are very privileged to have her as an employee. She always goes above and beyond for her guest and makes them feel at home. Thank you so much for recognizing Connie for all the hard work she does.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Lets begin by talking about Vin, the awesome gentleman who was at the front desk. We used this as a midway point while traveling for the first time with our infant daughter. We arrived pretty late and we exhausted but he was very kind, cheerful, and quick at getting us into our room. He asked us if there was anything he needed he'd be there and I think he genuinely meant it. On our way back home we stopped here again and he was even nicer (I didn't think that was possible). The hotel itself has just been renovated and is pretty nice for such a cheap price. A good "stop over" place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the kind words about our renovation and Vin. He hasn't been with us but a short amount of time yet he has been able to step up and make our guest feel welcomed. We hope the next time you are in our area you will continue to choose Red Roof Inn.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent customer service. Connie at the front desk is always friendly and helpful. On multiple stays she has gone out of her way to make my stay more comfortable. It is always easy checking in and out as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review, Connie is a great employee and has recently won an award for her great customer service we are very fortunate to have her as an employee. She always goes above and beyond for her guest.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The guy at the front desk charged my card through a glass window because I suppose he was afraid of being mugged or robbed. I asked if the rooms has been renovated and he assured me they had. We go to the room only to see stains on the blanket and dust and dirt every where. My husband suggested we just sleep on top of the blanket and just don't touch anything...tired from snow plowing in the storm...I said ok. First, we decide to pull back the sheets and check for bugs. We found crumbs and dirt! Ok, we pull the sheets back up. I go to fluff the pillow and there was the bug! We grabbed our stuff and ran back to the guy at the front desk. I explained what we saw...he pretended we were crazy. Then said, this is the Red Roof Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. I asked for my money to be put back on my card and he said no. He said, you used the room so you must pay for it! I said, we were there ten to fifteen minutes and he pretty much ignored me. He gave me phone numbers of the hotel and corporate; then told me, I better get pictures to back up my story!! I will NEVER stay there again. $54.99 for 15 minutes is ridiculous and I will be calling corporate in the morning. We are now comfortably at the Holiday Inn Express down the road.

• Stayed March 2014
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
First let me apologize for the issues you had during your stay. This is not the way we treat our guest. I will address these issues with my staff. The employee you spoke with was out of line, if you could call me at the Inn I will make sure you didn't get charged for the room. I also would like to apologize for the way you found your room; this is not Red Roof Inn's standards. If you ever travel back to Charleston I hope you would give us a better chance to serve you.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Arrived about 4:30 & greeted by an extremely nice and helpful Connie! She is absolutely great! Had premium King room which was very nice, clean & smelled good! Wendy's almost at our front door! Had our doggy Marley with us as pet friendly! Would recommend this Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
rri-10059, Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Connie is a great employee and always tries to make our guest feel at home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Red Roof Inn. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Charleston.
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The desk clerk was quite pleasant when I approached the desk, asking for a ground floor room for my husband, myself and two cats. We have a wheelchair parking sign in the car window, which he noticed, and suggested we take the "accessible superior 1 king bed". I accepted. It was a very pleasant, comfortable room. I have a very "noise skittish cat", who hides under beds or other very hard places to get her. The next morning I went to the desk to ask for a broom in order to pull her out from under the middle of the king-sized bed. He smiled and handed me the broom. It worked, and when I returned the broom to the desk, he asked if I was successful, and laughed at my comments on pulling "Kitty" from under the bed, and putting her in the carry case.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I'm so glad you were able to get Kitty out from under the bed. I hope to see you the next time you come to Charleston.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am a redi card customer and am now staying in RR hotels on average 3 nights per week each in different cities in the Oh, Wv, PA, and MI region. Front desk was very polite and professional along with being accommodating quickly. I stayed in a premium King. The snack box in the fridge was frozen solid and the granola bars thawed into guck. The shower head wailed and squealed loudly and some of the lights did not work. Other than this the room was super clean, smelled fresh and was decorated very nicely. Real creamer in the coffee service was a plus as was the extra pillow for the comfy king bed. The paint is peeling off many of the entry doors giving the hotel a trashy look when indeed it is not trashy. This particular evening there were a lot of less than wholesome looking youths milling around outside in vehicles and I did not venture out for ice or anything. Because of this I will not stay here again, most likely. If you are not travelling alone or want a clean room for a decent price this is a good hotel, though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
First let me apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I will address the issue with your snack box being frozen this is not at all acceptable. I will have maintenance check shower head and find out what would make it wail and squeal. The paint started peeling off last week from the subzero degree weather. We are working quickly to repair them and we do apologize for the ugly look it created. If you ever have suspicious people hanging around please contact the front desk and we will address this. Our guest safety and security is very important to us and the staff is trained on how to handle such events. We ask that you reconsider and give us another chance to better serve you the next time you travel through Charleston. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City? Share your experiences!