“Ok but will not be my first choice next time in Charleston” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6305 MacCorkle Avenue Southeast, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Cleveland, Ohio
“Ok but will not be my first choice next time in Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am a redi card customer and am now staying in RR hotels on average 3 nights per week each in different cities in the Oh, Wv, PA, and MI region. Front desk was very polite and professional along with being accommodating quickly. I stayed in a premium King. The snack box in the fridge was frozen solid and the granola bars thawed into guck. The shower head wailed and squealed loudly and some of the lights did not work. Other than this the room was super clean, smelled fresh and was decorated very nicely. Real creamer in the coffee service was a plus as was the extra pillow for the comfy king bed. The paint is peeling off many of the entry doors giving the hotel a trashy look when indeed it is not trashy. This particular evening there were a lot of less than wholesome looking youths milling around outside in vehicles and I did not venture out for ice or anything. Because of this I will not stay here again, most likely. If you are not travelling alone or want a clean room for a decent price this is a good hotel, though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
First let me apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I will address the issue with your snack box being frozen this is not at all acceptable. I will have maintenance check shower head and find out what would make it wail and squeal. The paint started peeling off last week from the subzero degree weather. We are working quickly to repair them and we do apologize for the ugly look it created. If you ever have suspicious people hanging around please contact the front desk and we will address this. Our guest safety and security is very important to us and the staff is trained on how to handle such events. We ask that you reconsider and give us another chance to better serve you the next time you travel through Charleston. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lakefield, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Updated but must be really popular due to position outskirts of Charleston on your way to Charlotte. The staff was fine, the room was clean , The bathroom was ok but the tub needs some work, there was some rust and mold and the shower head was sloppy. This was handicap room 121 ."..We are not , yet anyways!! But we had our pup so all was good , he gave three paws up !!
Close to many restaurants , but disappointed with bob Evans !! Will need to find an alternate for our annual trips south and north from Canada. I am writing this review from a fantastic red roof inn in Statesville N.C. this place rocks!! Perfect !!

Room Tip: make sure you pay no more than $49.00 walkin coupon special. Pet Peeve when you sign in you are requ...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I apologize that you didn't get your $1.50 removed for the safe. You can call us within 60 days and we will gladly remove that from your bill. I hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future.
Angier, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and, once again, we highly recommend this Red Roof Inn. When I was looking at the cost of the rooms online, I decided to call the hotel to see if I could get a better rate. Sherry answered the phone and was incredibly helpful; she informed me of a 20% savings if we brought a few cans of food with us to contribute to the food drive. I would have contributed to the food drive anyway and being able to save 20% on our hotel bill made it a win / win.

I love the fact that Red Roof Inns are pet-friendly and that they do not charge extra for our Yorkie, Brutus.

The only thing that I don't like about Red Roof Inns is the $1.50 charge for the safe that is automatically charged to your room at check-in. Granted, you can ask for the charge to be removed at check-out if you haven't used the safe, but it is a hassle. I realize that this is a corporate policy and not the fault of any particular location. However, there has to be a better way to handle the charge for using the safe and I encourage "corporate" to change the policy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs. We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your travels. I'm glad Sherry was able to take care of you; we try to make everyone feel at home while staying. We are pleased that Brutus was able to come and visit as well. We look forward to meeting you the next time you stay.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

No matter what part of West Virginia I am visiting, I stay here. I can depend on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. Reservations, check-in and check-out are a breeze. There are many restaurants nearby and others in and around Charleston are easy to get to from here. The front desk clerks are welcoming and helpful. The bedding and towels were crisp and clean, the shower as hot as I wanted it with great water pressure. Good parking, the fridge and microwave are handy and the wi-fi works perfectly. I will stay here again and I would very much recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the back of the 2nd building, you may hear traffic if your room is quiet but it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the time you took to complete a review. We appreciate all of the kind words. Thanks for being a loyal guest and we hope to see you the next time you travel to Charleston.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Connie, who checked us in and told us goodbye when we left, was very friendly and welcoming. The upgraded room was clean and nice at a very reasonable price. There were local resaurants close by with a good variety of choices.
We were so impressed with Red Roof Inn and their policies that we have now joined their rewards program for our future travels with our dog.

Room Tip: The upgraded room was well worth the slight increase in price.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that Connie took such good care of you during your stay. We appreciate you joining our Redi Card program and hope you enjoy all the rewards that come with the program. I look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through the Charleston area.
Surf City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

67 dollars for a room not stocked with toilet paper, no clean bedding, potato chips all over the bed, bugs.... Need I go on? Will not stay at this chain again. Dirty mirror and no military discount. Had to fill characters for the review. Would not recommend.

Stayed December 2013
First of all let me apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay at our Inn. This is not our standards. I will look into what happened and take measures to prevent it from happening again. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and give us the chance to better serve you. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.
SOUTHBURY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

On the night drive up to Charleston I was worried about getting a room so called 1-800-the-roof and soon enough had two rooms, one for my passenger and business colleague, a Canadsia who had never heard of Red Roof Inns. The Kanawha City property was well managed and, very important, the water for making tean the following morning was very hot. Carol, who also checked us out (059), was very friendly and helpful, closing out a very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Do what I do - call 1-800-the-roof.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our property. We appreciate you sharing our band with your Canadian friend. I hope they also enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with Carol she goes out of her way to help our guest, and we appreciate the hospitality she shows with each guest. I hope the next time you come through Charleston you will stay with us again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City? Share your experiences!