“very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
sheffield Ohio
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I are staying here for a long weekend to enjoy the fall foliage auto touring. We are in a king room which has a mini fridge and microwave. We got ground floor as requested, we are travelling with 2 little dogs. The price was good and no extra charge for the dogs! Check in was easy and friendly! Room was clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. There is a group of feral cats outside. They are so cute, with little kittens. I wish we could take one home. I wonder what will become of them as it is starting to get pretty cold. This is a good place to stay !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are trying to find homes for the cats that your saw while here. If you know of anyone that would like to have a new pet please let us know we will do what we can to catch them and give them away. Thanks again for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had a hard time finding it (it's behind the Wendy's!) so I called over and Connie behind the desk was wonderful. Upon arrival, she made my check-in very quick and made a point of letting me know a few events going on during my stay. The room itself is cozy and efficient, called the King Superior. Clean, no smell, linens and towels are fine. The internet is on the slow side, but the whole area seems to be like that. Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We always appreciate when our guest take the time to let us know how their stay was. We are pleased that Connie was able to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charleston.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have to say that this was the best night ever. I had made a reservation for Knights Inn which is right down the street from the Red Roof. Well i immediately left the Knights Inn made a phone call to the Red roof the lady at the front desk was exceptionally pleasant helpful and more than willing to make sure that my stay was pleasant. The rooms was very clean, nice linen, nice towels. I love the new decor was very warm and inviting. The front desk person Carol made a phone call to our room to make sure we had everything we needed and to ask if the room was clean. As an IHG employee I found this to be very nice and appreicative. I would definintely come back to this hotel. I would like to recognize team member 059 for her outstanding personality and caring ways. Thank you so much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Carol is a great asset to our company. My staff tries hard to make sure our guest feel at home. I hope when you come back to our area you will stop in and stay again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had wrote a review 2 months ago about my stay at this hotel, it was a very bad review. I was just there 10/11/13, I checked in at around 4pm, the lady at the front desk was very nice and made me feel welcome a big change from the last visit. The room was very nice and clean, check in time about 2 min and same for check out a big change will stay if I return to the area.

BL Chicago

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for giving us another chance. I'm so glad your stay was such an improvement from the last time. We have several new staff members and we strive to improve on this each day. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you will stay again.
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have to say the staff and service was great which I appreciated and it was a generally clean room. My only problems were that despite advertising being smoke-free, my room reeked of old cigarette smoke. I appreciated the free pet policy as I had my cat with me but she did come home with fleas that she definitely didn't have before, but I suppose that's just a risk of a pet-welcoming hotel. Very close to the freeway, a little hard to find but if you need something basic, this works.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I'm so sorry to hear that your experience wasn't pleasant. We do accept pets and even strip each room completely after our pet friends check out to eliminate the chance of flees and allergies. We are 100% non-smoking unfortunately like hospitals we also have some unruly guest that doesn’t want to follow the rules. When this happens we do have procedures to eliminate the odor from the rooms, we strip the entire room, shampoo the carpet, clean the drapes, and place a fogger in the room to rid the room of any left-over smoke odor. We then hold the guest accountable for the fees of having to clean the room of smoke by charging them a fee of $200. We try our best to keep guest from smoking in our rooms. I do apologize that your room still had the odor left behind. I will address this with my housekeeping staff to make sure they are double checking such rooms for the comfort of our guest.
Marietta, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The check in process was quick and courteous. The room looked at though it had been recently painted. I was a bit disappointed that I was not informed that that WIFI was out of service when we checked in. However, The staff was very apologetic when I called to get the log in information. While we were watching TV I saw a medium sized cockroach crawl up the wall. This made me uncomfortable the rest of my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies for failing to notify you about the Wi-Fi at check in. It is our responsibility to make sure all guest were aware of the issues we were having and that should have never happened. If you could let me know what room you were in I will have my exterminator check the room for any unwanted pest you seen. We do treat our rooms every month, and our exterminator has a guarantee that we won't have roaches so, I need to report this to them. My apologies for causing you to lose sleep. Please if you ever see something like that while staying at a Red Roof Inn call the front desk and we will make sure it is taken care of for you, even if we need to move you to another room and inspect it with you to make sure you are comfortable staying with us. If you are ever back in the Charleston area we would like another chance to better serve you.
VENICE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about the staff that work at this location, the rooms are newly updated and the location is very convenient. Unfortunately the Internet service went down shortly after we checked in for a 2 night stay. The front desk personnel were sincerely working to get the service back in operation but they commented that this has been a reoccurring problem and they weren't getting the support to get it resolved.

I've stayed at this property many times in the past years but I had to check out early because Red Roof customer service and the ISP provider were very indifferent when I called to see if the service would be repaired during the second day of our stay.

My compliant isn't with this location but with the Red Roof Inn Redi-Card Customer Service and the ISP technical support. I phoned both of these contacts and I feel that neither one of them cared to much about thier roles in customer service.

Room Tip: If you definitely need Internet service.....consider a different motel chain.