“They have redone their rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6305 MacCorkle Avenue Southeast, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Salisbury, North Carolina
“They have redone their rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed their in August while we was visiting friends for the weekend.it was me and my familyand our dog. The rooms was redone and nice all though the plaster was coming off the ceiling in spots still very nice place . restaurants wad close by and they are pet friendly with no pet fee ...we will stay there again when we come in to visit friends...

• Stayed August 2013
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the popcorn coming down in your room. We have found a few rooms doing this. We are repairing them and looking into why this has happened. I hope the next time you travel in to visit you will stay with is again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This older property had the renovated King Superior totally figured out; room looked great and was easy to book on website. However, poorly fastened shower curtain bar sagged, so the shower curtain kept sliding away from both walls - much comedy as user kept trying to restore "full coverage." Quiet, although nestled into an Interstate interchange. This property is really deficient on curb appeal, even more than most old Roofs; the entrance was hard to find - must drive past other motel entrances. The housekeeper was outstanding - wore the career apparel with pride, and was helpful. Red Roof would more than justify their recent price bounce if they could get ride of the dirty chewing gum stuck abundantly to the sidewalks and the gnarly wooden stairways (and something newer and nicer to get to the upper floors!).

Room Tip: King Superior is well worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you letting us know about your stay. I’m so glad you like our new kings. They are our most popular rooms. I apologize for there being gum on the sidewalk; I will have my maintenance address this immediately. I hope you will stop in again the next time you are traveling through Charleston.
fort wayne Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room was clean near restaurants staff was friendly. There is no extras like shampoo hand lotion basic room. Priced a little high compare to other chains with more things to offer probably would look for different place if i'm in Charleston again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize that didn't meet your expectations. We do have Pantene shampoo that should have been in every room. All of our rooms offer microwave, refrigerators, free Wi-Fi, free long-distance (within the USA) and we have upgraded rooms that even offer snacks and breakfast in the refrigerators. We try to stay within reason of our competitors. I'm sorry you didn't find that when you were here. I hope if you are ever back in the area you will give us a chance to better serve you.
Summersville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed @ this motel on 7/24/2013 and the staff was very proud to serve the public.I would stay there again in the future. The motel was clean and staff was willing help in any way.Team members name was Carol property name 059

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Findlay, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed over night on my way home from vacation in FL. I have stayed there many times before but they have renovated the rooms. They are done nicely and the beds are super comfortable. The place is convenient, clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. No issues with the stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I'm so glad you liked our new remodel. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with us. I hope to see you the next time you travel through Charleston.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Connie at the front desk during the afternoon and evening shift was terrific.
Her counterpart during earlier in the day, Sherrie, was also excellent.
Together, they added buckets of good to our stay.
Their help at every turn was the highlight of our experience,
and I a confident that any reasonable guest would agree.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for Recognizing Connie and Sherry for all of their efforts. They are both greatly appreciated and I’m glad they were able to help you during your stay with us. We appreciate you selecting Red Roof Inn and I look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed in the area in the past and decided to look into this inn; I spoke with Connie and Lisa and their personality won me over from the start. I decided to stay at this inn after meeting these employees and my stay was just as they stated, it was excellent. I entered the room and it looked and smelled fresh and clean; the linens were fresh and the bath towels were bright white. I checked the room and the corners were clean and free of any dirt or dust that can normally be found in corners. The no smoking policy was also very nice as I didn't have any burn marks on the bedding, counter tops, or tub; also no after smell of tobacco. There were some outside their rooms smoking, friendly folks that also didn't seem to mind not smoking in their rooms. I was not able to get on the internet; I think my laptop didn't get a strong enough signal, but that was still fine. This was a great stay and I look forward to returning when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for all of your kind words. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.