“You can't beat the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6305 MacCorkle Avenue Southeast, Charleston, WV 25304   |
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Oshawa, Canada
“You can't beat the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What can I say. If you need a quick stop over and don't care about amenities this hotel is ok. A bit run down and the bathroom set up is terrible. After a shower the whole floor is soaked as there is not a tub.
East access to interstate and area amenities.

Doubt that I would return but for $60.00 what else can you expect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Port Orange, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is our designated Motel/Hotel when we return HOME to WV. Every room has microwave/refrigerator,safe and free long distance phone service.Our room also had a king size bed and large flat screen TV. It's clean and comfortable and close to many restaurants .Connie was working the front desk and she has a great personality, can't do enough for you ! Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, kids and I stayed in this hotel for a one night stay on our way out west. Since you never know what to expect with hotels, I was a little worried but did my research on TripAdvisor and I felt pretty comfortable booking it after I read the recent reviews. On arrival, the front desk clerk was extremely helpful and friendly, offered me extra towels, asked if I preferred upstairs or downstairs and made my check-in very smooth and efficient. The room was very clean (save a cobweb in the window), fresh sheets (I checked!) and looked recently remodeled. Laminent hardwoods in the bathroom were a nice touch! Check-out was also very smooth and the front desk clerk gave me several packs of coupons (which I have already used at home). I would recommend this hotel for travelers as a great place to spend the night. We were very pleased. Note: It is right off the interstate in the city so be aware the area looks somewhat run down.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back facing the interstate and therefore away from all the parking lot lights of...
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night with our two cats. (Yes I know you are only allowed one pet, but come on, together they weigh the amount of a small dog!). The room was clean, a decent size, and smelled slightly musty, but okay for one night. The scariest part were the other hotel guests we saw smoking outside, but that is MacCorkle Ave for you- at least that part of it. I'd lock your car though and take out any belongings. It was much better than the Knights Inn on MacCorkle that we've stayed in. I wouldn't even shower there!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We arrived here for a one night stay after calling around and pricing hotels. I was surprised at the prices of the hotels around here! The red roof inn offered an excellent price, only 66 dollars for a business king size room. Although the location is a little offset, its a not a ghetto or anything and we were graciously helped by connie (the manager I presume). she was extremely helpful not just with the room but with directions back to the highway! The hotel wasn't beautiful on the outside (I prefer indoor access to rooms) but the room turned out to be very nice and very clean! Kudos

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Red Roof Inn was basic but just fine, and a good $ value compared to other motels in the area. It was great that we could have our dog with us without paying a pet fee. The staff were very friendly. The furnishings and fixtures were a little low-budget but our room was clean and well-kept. The location is safe but unremarkable (completely surrounded by the interstate and a busy road) but just a few minutes' drive got us into Charleston for a nice dinner at Soho. We paid an extra $10 for the upgraded room with fridge and microwave, which were nice. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to be facing away from the interstate if you're bothered by traffic noise.
VENICE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stay at this Red Roof Inn every year when we come to Charleson, WV. The price is reasonable compared to other hotels in Charleston and all the amenities are included in the room rate.

The hotel staff is very nice and the location is convenient to everything we want to do during our annual visit to WV.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City? Share your experiences!