“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Nisswa MN
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We travel with pets. This is a great place to stay with or without your dogs. We travel through Charleston several times each year. We try to time it so that we can stay here. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Great coffee in the lobby and very friendly and competent lobby staff. Recommend it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Justice, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We were here because my dad was in critical condition in a local hospital. Connie at the front desk was wonderful to us. She really tried to help in any way she could and tried to make it as pleasant as possible under the circumstances. Thanks Connie!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This Red Roof Inn sits conveniently close to I-77/I-79 on the outskirts of Charleston. The staff were very kind and attentive, and the room was completely spotless and clean. I would stay here again for sure, and likely will very soon.

Room Tip: rooms by the highway are noisy, with the truck traffic. I recommend getting AAA because you get disc...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The good thing about this place is it is right off the highway so there is no long search or possibility of getting lost. The not-so-good thing is it is RIGHT off the highway, as in a portion of the exterior is within a good throwing arm from the exit ramp, so when outside you can hear the traffic at times. While I was there the roof was being re-done but thankfully I was out of my room during most of the day and I missed all the noise. I stayed 2 nights and didn't have any problems. Across the small front parking lot is a Wendy's and a 2 minute walk from the hotel is a Bob Evan's and Mexican restaurant. Also across the street is several other places to eat and get gas. The employees I encountered at the front desk were all very friendly. If you're a discount shopper or love to find a great deal, be sure to check out Gabriel's less than a mile from the motel on MacCorkle Ave!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Check-in was unpleasant as they had my reservation wrong at check-in. We were staying for one night only and they had us booked the day before I arrived. They had already charged my credit card and had quite a difficult time correcting this mistake. However, staff was nice, apolagetic, and anxious to help.

The room was old and quite worn but clean. A bit noisy. And we could smell tobacco smoke coming from somewhere on the property.

We wouldn't stay there again. We don't recommend an overnight stay in Charleston for that matter. Next morning as I cleaned the windshield I noted a good dusting of what I assumed was coal dust on the glass.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The staff that I met at check-in, Connie and Val, were the most hospitable staff I have met at a hotel in a long time. In fact, Connie gave me some candy since it was Halloween night. The room was immaculate, ie clean, neat with an overall home feeling while being away from home. I highly recommend the Red Roof Inn in Kanawha City (Charleston), WV.

Thank you for a great stay and service! Kudos to Connie and Val :-)
Terry C.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I would have given this 2 1/2 stars, The staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Although the room looked very clean, I found a surprise of an X-rated nature in one of the drawers. Also, it sits right next to the freeway and if you are on the freeway side the traffic noise is a bit loud. On the plus side, there are 4-5 restaurants within walking distance. Not great...not bad.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City? Share your experiences!