“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

This is a lovely downtown hotel that is just like any other convention center hotel. Comfortable rooms, lovely space but there they over charge for almost anything. We had a nice stay but there might be a better deal around here.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Augusta, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed here because of it's location in regards to the Civic Center (across the street). When we arrived we noticed a line of customers waiting to get checked in, but at the same time the manager saw the line getting longer and brought two other people over to quickly get the customers taken care of. Later that evening the manager sent me a text message asking if we were enjoying our say and if we needed anything. Great customer service and I'll be staying at this hotel every time I go anywhere near Charleston, WV.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I stayed for business recently at this downtown hotel. It is a large Marriott with a nice lobby. There is an adjacent parking garage for which the hotel charges self-parkers $9 per night. There is a nice mall directly across the street with some good restaurant choices. The room was adequate with a nice flat screen TV with a very good picture. The bathroom was small and although the room has a balcony, access is precluded by a special lock. The bed was comfortable. The AC was nothing short of horrible as it would not cool down. I called for maintenance who promptly responded and indicated they had done something hotel-wide with regard to cooling and it should kick in shortly. It seemed to get better, but by the morning, it would not cool at all. The fitness center was adequate with some free weights as well aerobic machines.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times for meetings at the Civic Center, which is across the street.
My client has booked me each time and direct billed the room. I look forward to my visit as I know this hotel treats its guests wonderfully. Steve, at the front desk, could not have been nicer. From start to finish the stay was perfect: check in, room, shuttle, restaurant! The hotel is older but the rooms are updated, quiet and comfortable. The focus on the customer make it a 5 star for me! You are truly appreciated at this location! Thanks for another wonderful stay! I hope to return for again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Very friendly and helpful front desk/staff upon arrival. Hotel is conveniently located directly across from Charleston Town Center Mall as well as the Charleston Civic Center. A stone's throw. Plenty of restaurants to choose from that are in walking distance. Room was very clean and beds comfortable. Very quiet too. The only negative was the room temperature. Tried to adjust temps down from a warm 68dgrs, but it still stayed warm. Another convenience is that you are close to the interstate, but not close that you hear traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My partner and I spent two nights, four days apart, at the Marriott Charleston Town Center and overall we enjoyed our stays. Before our first night at the hotel, I received a warm e-mail greeting from Daniel, the rooms coordinator. I had never received such a nice greeting prior to check-in and really appreciated the thoughtful touch.

The first room that we stayed in was a king bedroom located on the eighth floor. The room was somewhat dated (reminded me of 1980s), but the furnishings were in good condition and the bed was quite comfortable. The second room, located on the twelfth floor, seemed nicer than the first room although I could not determine why I thought so. It was also nicely furnished and and comfortable. Both rooms featured flatscreen TVs and a wide variety of cable channels. The Marriott offers guests fine Bath & Body Works products, which is a step up from usual hotel toiletries.

My partner and I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and were pleased with the food and service. There are also several restaurants located in close proximity to the hotel.

Service was consistently friendly and efficient.

We would gladly stay at the Marriott Charleston Town Center again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

I stay at this hotel for almost 2 weeks, I can say that is not the best mariott ever but for the area, I think that is the best hotel.

The room are pretty large with Flat screen TV, the bathroom are normal but clean.
I went to the fitness and it is pretty large compare to other hotels. But the swimming pool and the hot tub looks old and not so clean...
Also the internet is very expensive 13 $ and very slow...

I went to the restaurant on the 1st floor, the food and price are decent.

Also if you are a Mariott Reward member, I highly suggest to take the Floor 12 and 14 as they are concierge floor with lounge (breakfast included) .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Charleston Marriott Town Center? Share your experiences!