“Clean room. Nice staff. Comfortable bed. Easy to find.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Columbus OH
“Clean room. Nice staff. Comfortable bed. Easy to find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as we passed through WV. I had a very long day being up at 5AM and arriving after 11PM. The check in was great. Was met with a smiling face and offer to help in any way possible. The room was clean, modern and up to date. Most important the bed was extremely comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for all the positive and kind comments in regards to your recent stay at the Charleston Marriott Town Center. Are job is to make sure everything is perfect for every customer, so to hear that we were able to connect with you as a customer and deliver both in service and product tells us that we as a team are meeting our goals to treat you as the most valuable customer. Again thank you for takinig the time to provide us with comments and we look for to your next stay and providing you with the best guest service that you deserve.

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I attended a conference here in April of 2013. This is a nice place to hold a conference for a large number of people. The hotel is flexible enough to have small meeting rooms and also large rooms to hold well over a hundred attendees. Water and soft drinks were available in the public areas. Dinner was excellent with several things from which to choose.
The rooms are a little small but very clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the bedding amazing. The hotel is across the street from the mall and within walking district of beautiful Capitol Street and the market area.
I've stayed in this hotel for concerts and cultural events in Charleston also. It's conveniently located and you can count on it to be a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. Your comment about being flexible is very important to our staff as we know all types of issues and concerns may arise during a visit and our staff prides themselves on being flexible in order for every guest to have an excellant stay. The housekeeping department strives each an every day to make sure every room is completely clean and your comments support thier efforts and will passed on for them to read. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay in the near future. It is our pleasure to serve you.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Marriot for one night. While the room was clean and modern it was expensive for what was recieved. Yes there is a restaurant with very good food and a nice bar I am not sure it was worth well over $300 per night. And the air conditioner didn't seem to work too good.

• Stayed May 2013
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you son much for taking the time to provide the hotel with valuable feedback. Your comments about how clean the hotel was and the quality of food are two major areas that we focus on daily for continued improvement. These very positive comments will be forwarded to the staff as they are all very passionate about what they do and truly appreciate the comments. I truly understand your pricing concerns and it is our responsibility to make sure your receive the type of service and product that you see as a value. Although we did not reach that above and beyond type of experience on your current stay we look forward to seeing you again in the near future that will allow us to truly impress you. Thank you again you truly are appreciated as a valued customer.
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms & beds very comfy. Staff really accommodating & very attentive. Dining room had really nice ahi tuna dinner & nice wines. Breakfast was very pleasing to the eye as well as
tasty. Mall is right across the street. Restaurants nearby & don't miss the shops at Bridge Street.

• Stayed January 2013
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
It is always great to hear that a customer had an outstanding stay. More importantly when the people, our staff, make the biggest impact on the stay that is what we are all about and strive for with every single guest that visits the Charleston Marriott Town Center. You taking the time to make comments is truly appreciated by the entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit and another opportunity to serve you. It truly is our pleasure.
WICHITA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our trip started by arriving at the airport and calling for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle I think arrives on a 30 minute interval and he was there within 10 minutes. The driver was VERY GOOD! He got out of his van and ran around to meet us to get our bags and load them into the van. Once in the van he began to tell us about the hotel and the amenities of the hotel. As we were driving he gave us a brief history of Charleston and as we were driving downtown directed us to points of interest including restaurants and bars and malls. He really was helpful. Normally the shuttle driver doesn't say anything or tries to make small talk. This gentlemen thoroughly enjoyed providing information about the area and the hotel.

Checking is was easy and friendly. They had some punch and cookies available as we were waiting in line.

The room was clean and large. The desks and side tables to the bed had adequate access to electrical plug ins for my computer and charging my phone. The bathrooms were clean and of adequate size. The iron and ironing board were in good condition. The climate control was not loud and kept the room comfortable.

All in all I was very pleased with my two nights at this facility. A great value!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feed back in regards to your current stay. Marriott takes pride in providing excellent service and based on your comments we were able to meet most of your expectations. I will pass on your comments to the staff who truly will appreciate all your kind words. We look forward to serving you again as our guest at the Charleston Marriott Town Center.
New Cumberland, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is well located and convenient to the major access roads. It is clean and up to date. The price is a bit high. It is a typical high rise hotel with comfortable beds. The bar is nothing fancy the food is good. It's always annoying to pay this much for a room and have the wifi charge notice show up when you try to log on. It's a minor thing but the lobby music will drive you crazy if you spend anytime there. But, as I said, it's a fine place to stay, I wouldn't rate it as a great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feed back. We are glad you enjoyed your stay but we are here to create a stay that makes you say wow. We did not accomplish that this time but we will try even harder on your next visit. I will look into the lobby music selection as this is a place where you should be able to relax and enjoy not be bothered by the music. Although we do provide free internet in in certain areas of the hotel I do understand your disappointment with the internet room charge. Thank you again for your positive feed back and we look forward to your next stay in the near future.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband gave me a weekend "off" for my birthday. I had a king suite, with a desk and comfortable lounging chair. I found the bed to be a bit on the firm side for me, but I had a great night sleep regardless. They give you more pillows then you will know what to do with. They each seemed to have their own thickness and firmness. None were paper thin, and all were comfortable. The bathroom was kind of small, but since it was just me, I was fine with it. My only issue with the room itself is that there was no hairdryer.
I enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant. The buffet was good. It had everything from cold cereal to scrambled eggs. I enjoyed to strawberries and watermelon. Both were very good and sweet. I had the scrambled eggs and ham off the menu which was ok. They put the ham in the eggs which caused them to be a bit watery. But it came with hash browns and a biscuit, which were great. I did order room service. I had the roasted chicken with vegetables and spinach dip. Both were very good. I loved not having to go anywhere for dinner.
I enjoyed the location. I was able to walk to the mall and the the short drive to Corridor G shopping. Service was wonderful through my entire stay. Overall it was a great weekend of shopping and me time.
My only issue I had was that they charge $12 a night for parking. That was a bit much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feed back on your current stay. Your kind comments about the hotel, especially the wonderful service comment, will be shared with the entire staff. Our focus is always on service and when that gets acknowledged it is a very positive and motivating to everyone. I am truly sorry that you did not have a hair dryer as every room has one that is located in the closet hanging up in a cloth bag. It is our responsibility to inform you of this location and if we did and it was not there my apologies. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Been to Charleston Marriott Town Center? Share your experiences!