“Great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here in January 2012, and I just realized I forgot to write a review. This is an excellent hotel with excellent staff. It's not a luxury hotel like the Ritz Carlton, but the service was one of the best out of all the Marriott Hotels (strict Marriott hotel, not Springhill Suites or Courtyard) that I've stayed in. When we checked in, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk lady (I'm afraid I forgot her name). I am a Gold Elite member, and she gave me a great room on a high floor; my kids loved the view. Charleston is not a beautiful city, but it was nice to see the view from high up anyway. We arrived over the weekend for 1 night, so the concierge lounge was closed. However, they gave us vouchers for a free breakfast, and we enjoyed one of the best free breakfast buffets we've had while traveling! Now, this is not a Ritz Carlton breakfast; I'm just saying it was one of the best buffet breakfasts because it was free - one of the best free breakfasts we've had. Waffles made to order, fruits, etc. I would even have paid to have a breakfast like that. The fact that the Marriott gave us a free Sunday brunch made us feel very special. We definitely will stay here again if we travel through Charleston.

The hotel is right across the street from the mall as well, so that was nice to browse around during our free time. I want to go back to this Marriott just to feel special again! Thank you Marritt Charleston Town Center!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let the team know how you felt about the service you received at the Charleton Marriott Town Center. It truly is our please and more importantly are responsibility to provide you with the best service possible. We look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you again and I will pass on your comments to the entire team as they truly are the drivers of great service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been staying here on business for over 7 years, and have watched the gradual rebirth of a true destination hotel. With all renovations completed, a new lobby area with an inviting fireplace, a staff that truly personifies the art of putting the guest first, you cannot go wrong. From the front desk (and Daniel, the most professional and accommodating Marriott employee I've dealt with in over 40 years of staying with the chain) to the folks serving food, they all make you feel very special, and do it with warmth and sincerity.

Marriott Town Center makes any visit to Charleston more enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
As the General Manager of the Charleston Marriott Town Center I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the staff. This comment will mean the world to them as I will pass it on to each and everyone of them. I realize we can still improve but to know that we are moving in the right direction is most important. We will continue as a team to improve on our service and as a company we will continue to train and invest in our associates as the most important asset of value that we have in the hotel. Again that you for the recognition from all the staff and we look forward to serving you again.
NEW HAMPSHIRE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and it is a great place. Only thing keeping me from rating five stars is the price of everything. Have to park at garage adjacent to hotel. Hotel and rooms are really nice and they have a good bar and restaurant downstairs. Typical Marriott prices (high) for convenience. My favorite thing about this hotel is that the mall if directly across the street...big mall too with different dinner options. Did Outback Steakhouse the night I was there. Good choice that you will not be dissapointed with.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind and very positive comments in regards to the Charleston Marriott Town Center. We are glad you enjoy the new great room concept that combines the bar and restaurant into a more open and energetic experience. The convienience of the Mall directly across from us is truly a very positive attraction for staying with us for business or pleasure. I understand your comments in regards to the parking garage being adjacent to the hotel, the positive is that it is attached and you never have to endure bad weather conditions, as well as, very secure as it is patroled often 24 hours a day. As a business traveler the new room concept that was implement with the renovations in geared for you as a business traveler with new desks and chairs and the connectivity panels which allow you to multi task if you wish. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
SAINT PETERSBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very nice rooms. Desk area, mini fridge, single serve coffee maker. Lots of bathroom cabinet space. Luxury bedding. Very quiet, slept great. Ate lunch and breakfast in lobby restaurant. Lunch was grilled cheese sandwich and corn chowder soup - amazing! Best lunch I've had in a hotel for years! Chrissy French toast for breakfast, also delicious. Convenient location, very short walk to mall. If I have a chance to return to Charleston would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for all your kind words in regards to furniture and fixtures, amenities and an area we are really focused on to improve is the food and beverage offings. I truly appreciate your feedback and will make sure that all the individuals envolved in the above mentioned areas are made aware of your very positive comments. We know that we still have much room for improvement but this does tell us that we are making progress in a positive way. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience and we all look forward to serving you again.
Temecula, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you are in Charleston for ANY reason then this is the place to stay. They just recently finished a complete renovation and not only was the hotel updated and beautiful but the staff was exceptional in every aspect. Every person, and I mean EVERY person at this Marriott was so friendly and caring.
We were moving our daughter from a college in FL to Charleston and when we arrived at the hotel, we were tired and dirty from a day on the road and moving. The hotel manager, Charles, provided us with exceptional customer service, upgraded our room at no additional cost, and comped our breakfast every morning. The front desk manager, Sean greeted us every day with a smile and helpful advice and also provided us with amazing customer service.
This hotel has set the bar of excellence at a level that the rest of the hotels in Charleston can only dream about. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for all your kind words and observations in regards to the Charleston Marriott Town Center. It is truly our pleasure to provide you with the outstanding service you deserve. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you're in Charleston for business, then this is the place to stay. Convenient parking. Located close to all kinds of restuarant choices and across the street from a mall and convention center, this Marriott is definitely sited in the right spot. The fact that they serve Starbucks is a bonus only because there are only 2 Starbucks stores in Charleston. The breakfast buffet is very reasonable and convenient for a quick bite in the morning before heading off to your next appointment. The hotel is must be very well insulated, because my room was very warm. Didn't really need the heat at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for your many positive comments in regards to your stay at the Charleston Marriott Town Center. It is truly our pleasure to have you as a guest and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Again on behalf of the entire hotel staff we appreciate you as our guest.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I read the reviews before I went and everyone was right on the money. Beautiful hotel...but the rooms are really Warm! This was not a problem because it is December, so we just opened the sliding glass door till the room cooled down, then turned off the fan (even though it was set on 65* it did not cool down), and everything was good. Comfy bed and the staff is very friendly. I love that it is across from the mall, and all the restaurants are within walking distance!!
They will also charge you $12.00 for parking - which is not mentioned until you get there.
But all in all it was great....I just do not think I would stay here in the summer...afraid the room will be too Hot!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Charleston Marriott Town Center? Share your experiences!