My husband and I had to go to Charleston because a close family member had passed away. It was a very stressful time for both of us, and we were both on edge. Usually hotels are hit or miss, and I was concerned if our hotel stay would add to the stress. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Our room was very comfortable, and very quiet. The bed was comfy and everything worked fine. It was nice having breakfast on-site.
My absolutely favorite part was the fruit infused water they offered at the front desk in the evenings. One night it was infused with berries, and another night it was infused with melons.It was so good, and one of those little things that just make a stay special.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Civic Center is located in the beautiful riverfront capitol of Charleston, West Virginia. Our hotel was just beautifully and completely renovated. Our entire team will work diligently to exceed your expectations while providing an abundance of comfort, safety, and amenities which reflect our Southern hospitality! Finding your way through the majestic mountains of West Virginia and past the winding New, Kanawha, and Elk Rivers to the junctures of I-64, I-77 and I-79, the Holiday Inn Express Civic Center invites you to a contemporary ambiance and warm atmosphere with its ideal location for shopping, dining, and theater going even while doing business in our capitol city. The Holiday Inn Express houses 196 rooms. Nestle into the comfort of your own private room and get a peaceful night’s rest on our luxurious bedding. All rooms come complete with free high speed internet access, HD flat-screen TVs, a work desk area, and coffee maker. Select rooms come with a microwave and a mini fridge. In the mornings satisfy your hunger with a complimentary hot breakfast buffet included with your stay. If your taste buds are in the mood for something different then stroll to one of over 16 restaurants located within blocks of the hotel. Enjoy a leisurely walk on a path along the Kanawha River or engage in a friendly game of volleyball on the courts at Magic Island. "Meet and Greet" in our lovely appointed Sternwheeler Room for all your meeting needs for up to 100 people. While enjoying your stay in the beautiful town of Charleston, West Virginia, be sure to visit some of the local attractions such as Charleston Civic Center, Charleston Historic District, Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences, Coonskin Park, Craik-Patton House, and Haddad Riverfront Park. Choose the Holiday Inn Express Civic Center in the downtown capitol city of Charleston, West Virginia where you’ll find a truly warm Southern Hospitality experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.