“Thank You Holiday Inn Express!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Charleston
Charleston, West Virginia
“Thank You Holiday Inn Express!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Due to the recent power outages in WV, my elderly parents stayed in Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center for an entire week. Both of my parents are in their 70's and my father is handicapped from a stroke. The staff at this property are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They allowed my parents to extend their stay on two different occassions due to the lack of electricity at home. I particularly have to brag on two of the front desk staff - Billie and Sue. They were both incredibly helpful, great to talk with and very easy to deal with on a daily basis.

The handicapped accessible room was large, very clean and very comfortable. My parents bragged each day about the free breakfast and the friendliness of the hotel staff. It was a great relief knowing that my parents (in their late 70's) were in such good company.

This is a great place to stay with a excellent staff. If you are looking for a reasonable place to stay in Charleston, WV with a great location and staff......this is your place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CharlestonDOO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind remarks concerning your stay with us! Certainly the recent storms and subsequent power outages were a tough time for us all. We are so happy that you chose us to be your "home away from home" during this difficult time.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Macy, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Bed: Comfy! Free Breakfast: Fantastic Handicapped Assessble: YES! Clean Rooms: YES!
HD TV: Loved it! Free Parking: YES WIFI: YES!!

Nothing bad to say. Booked this room through Hotwire. Was $59 a night plus tax. Loved it!

Room Tip: Book through Hotwire...Cheaper!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our hotel you recently posted on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments are very much appriciated and will be shared with our entire team. I hope you will always consider us your "home away from home" when visiting Charleston WV!
Vinton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time staying here, and I was quite impressed for the price! Comfy rooms, walking distance to dining and recreational activities, and a wonderful continental breakfast! Staff was polite and courteous. Had a wonderful stay here, I will be back!

• Stayed May 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very important not only to our team but the millions of people who depend on this trusted site to make their lodging decisions. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I don't get to travel much, so when I do I'm always looking for a bargain. Initially I was shocked at the price of the room. as I tend to be "a little cheap". But boy was I pleasantly surprised. The desk staff made me feel like a king from the moment I walked in the door. Even though they was busy, with other people waiting and the phone going off every other minute, the lady at the desk was friendly, efficient, kept everybody involved with comments and eye contact and when it was our turn to check in she really showed us what good customer service is supposed to look like. The rooms were nice, new and clean and the free breakfast was good too, but the reason I'm even bothering writing this are the people, one in particular. Bravo !!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
What a great review! Speaking on behalf of our entire Charleston team, THANK YOU! We truly appreciate when our guests take the time to relay to us when we have exceeded their expectations. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Pros and cons to this hotel... it just needs some additional attention in a few areas. PROS: Drivers were friendly as were front desk staff, room is a good size and was quiet, new flatscreen TV's. Breakfast has some items out super early for those of us who are very early risers and this was a definite plus! CONS: Cleanliness in room!!!! Brew basket in coffee maker had perhaps never been cleaned, dry coffee "dust/residue" and the coffee maker did not work after all that anyway! Blow dryer in bathoom was going on and off, and there were water marks on the nightstand next to the bed indicating it had not been cleaned. There were 2 M&M's on the floor in the room (again, tells me it was not vacuumed) and the lampshade was at a 45degree angle when I walked in. The maid certainly does NOT pay attention to detail or do a thorough job! I asked a front desk clerk what was near hotel for a cocktail and perhaps some hors d'oeuvres and she did not have a clue! She had to summon another agent to get the information. How she can work at a hotel front desk and not even know what eateries are within walking distance of her own hotel is kind of mystifying. Bed was an old style mattress (not pillow top) and was very hard, other furnishings in room (lamp, dresser) very old and dated.

They did a nice job of remodeling the 1st floor hallway and some of the public area, but they need to update the rooms, very dated and worn looking.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of our hotel that you recently posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your taking the time to make us aware of the service issues you encountered. I have addresed your concerns with the appropriate department managers and corrective action has been taken. It is my sincere hope that you will consider giving us the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Charleston WV.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a very good hotel exceeded my expectations for a small town, rooms large and very comfy very clean and the beds were a delight to sleep in the breakfast surprised me as I was expecting just a continental but they also offered a hot choice. The rooms had all the usual you would expect from a holiday inn flat sceen tv, tea cofee ECT. The front of house staff were very helpfull as our flight out was cancelled due to fog, they came and picked us up from the airport and rebooked us in.In a good location for the town centre and good resteraunts and bars. Only downside the air conditioning is quite noisey at night if you need it on it can however be switched off. I would stay there again if ever I revisit WV.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CharlestonDOO, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post the review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Civic Center on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the many postive comments and will certainly look into and correct the issue you mentioned with the noisy air conditioner. Thanks again, and we hope that you will choose us upon your next visit to Charleston.
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was greeted with a most cordial welcome after a prompt and courteous shuttle ride from the airport. The room was immaculate, the hot/cold free breakfast buffet was extraordinary, the shuttle service to the capitol area was excellent, and the desk staff was so accommodating with suggestions and directions. Hats off and many thanks to all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review of our hotel that you recently posted on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff and services. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests and it looks as though we accomplished just that during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center? Share your experiences!