“Great Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Charleston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25301 (Formerly Ramada Charleston Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights, and we couldn't have been happier. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the location to downtown was excellent! Our room faced the river, which made it even nicer. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was a little chilly, but very clean and well kept. We didn't use the workout facilties, but they also looked great as well. The sports bar attached to the hotel was a nice touch, so we didn't even have to leave the hotel if we didn't want to! Parking was a little pricey, but other than that, we would reccommend this hotel to anyone, and would stay here again! Also, refridgerators are available upon request. We asked for one, and it was quickly brought to our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room - very pretty view!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed here twice so far in 2015. The hotel's downtown location is excellent, the rooms are comfortable and the staff is top notch. My biggest complaint is the street noise you hear in rooms on the front side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side to avoid the street noise on the river side.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here last year, and this year was just as perfect as last year. Whenever in the Charleston area, this will be the place that we will be staying at. Four Points give you extras that you would not normally receive at another hotel in the same category.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose to stay here on a road trip based on location and other reviews. We were very pleased with the service from the young woman checking us in. She was very friendly and helpful. The hotel appearance is impeccable with a very clean, new, and luxurious feel. Every area looks and smells nice. Our rooms were connected per our request and had a nice spacious layout. No complaints.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Brecksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was not so sure about this facility, but nearly everything either was okay or great. The front desk was very helpful with information about the hotel and the area, it was a very easy walk to downtown Charleston, and the rooms had a good view of the river. Although the breakfast was not free, it was very filling, and not too expensive. I would recommend this hotel for the area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if you want a room change. if you ask, you got it!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

NEVER AGAIN. NEVVVVVER AGAIN! What an absolutely horrible experience. I stayed here last week while traveling for business. My first awful experience began with the parking garage - I was hassled in an absolutely horrific manner by some drunk citizen. I was nervous to even get out of my car as this man was screaming foul obscenities at me and I wasn't sure if he would follow me further into the garage...awesome. As a female traveling by herself, this was just the experience to make you super comfortable in an unfamiliar area! (JUST KIDDING) Next up - the hotel was booked with a gaggle of teenagers in town for an event (mind you - this was a week day)....which in and of itself was fine. What wasn't fine? That the teenagers were running up and down the hall screaming until 12:30PM despite my numerous calls to the front desk to (PLEASE) do something! Given my initial experience with the parking garage I didn't feel comfortable asking the girls to quiet down (as their parents were actually with them!!). So, no sleep was had, despite my important business meeting the next day. Most annoying - I used the in room door hanger to order a breakfast for the next day...that never showed up. I was so irritated and quite frankly, not totally surprised, I didn't follow up on my missing breakfast. I just moved on and gave another local establishment my breakfast dollars (but why offer room service dining if you can't deliver?). The rest of the trip progressed without incident, although I did think it was pretty odd when the front desk woman hollered something at me (along the lines of a rather accusatory CAN I HELP YOU!?!) as I was re-entering the hotel after a dinner with co-workers around 9PM the next night. I was willing to chalk the entire experience up to mediocrity, were it not for the bill and my consequent experience calling the hotel to inquire about said bill. The day I checked out, I received a perfectly acceptable bill with no inaccuracies. Today? 3 days after I checked out and went home? A new bill! For a statement indicating I checked out today!! I called the front desk wherein I was informed that I had booked the hotel through today (newsflash - I did not) and that I had checked out today (NOPE). Rather than try to assuage my concerns that my credit card had been charged for $800 for a stay I didn't participate in - the front desk woman told me it was my error in booking (WHAT?) and that maybe (If I was lucky) I would get a call back from billing on Monday (WHAT?????).

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I travel for business frequently (2-3 times per month) and personally often. I have stayed at Starwood properties all over the world (most recently Greece) without incident. I have NEVER encountered such incompetence or such a poorly run establishment. The Four Points has one aim, and that is to service a customer. If you can't service a customer and keep them happy - you will be quickly out of business as there is ample competition. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I will be very clear with my counterparts in the area (I work for a very large Fortune 500 Company with the ability to give this hotel a lot of business) that this hotel is to be avoided.

SO DISSAPOINTED. And angry. Very, very angry!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear IHeartTheMitten,
It is always our priority to provide the very best experience for our guests, and we are disheartened that your stay was off right from the start. We are aware that our General Manager has since been in contact with you to personally amend your experience in addition to rectifying your mischarges. We truly regret you didn’t have a more enjoyable experience at our hotel, and we hope you will consider giving us another try in the future so we may better deliver the exceptional experience so many of our guests love. All the best
Burnsville, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Beautiful view of the river. Located close to everything in downtown Charleston. Very clean motel. A little noisy - from outside and other rooms. There is a $10 charge for parking.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
BBLHospitality, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your valuable feedback and kind words. The Four Points Charleston team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We always love hearing back from our guests as this information helps us to improve the overall guest experience at our hotel. Our Four Points Charleston team looks forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charleston? Share your experiences!