“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

You added Four Points by Sheraton Charleston to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Kanawha Blvd. E., Charleston, WV 25301 (Formerly Ramada Charleston Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Clarkston, Michigan
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here last year, and this year was just as perfect as last year. Whenever in the Charleston area, this will be the place that we will be staying at. Four Points give you extras that you would not normally receive at another hotel in the same category.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose to stay here on a road trip based on location and other reviews. We were very pleased with the service from the young woman checking us in. She was very friendly and helpful. The hotel appearance is impeccable with a very clean, new, and luxurious feel. Every area looks and smells nice. Our rooms were connected per our request and had a nice spacious layout. No complaints.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Brecksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was not so sure about this facility, but nearly everything either was okay or great. The front desk was very helpful with information about the hotel and the area, it was a very easy walk to downtown Charleston, and the rooms had a good view of the river. Although the breakfast was not free, it was very filling, and not too expensive. I would recommend this hotel for the area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if you want a room change. if you ask, you got it!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

NEVER AGAIN. NEVVVVVER AGAIN! What an absolutely horrible experience. I stayed here last week while traveling for business. My first awful experience began with the parking garage - I was hassled in an absolutely horrific manner by some drunk citizen. I was nervous to even get out of my car as this man was screaming foul obscenities at me and I wasn't sure if he would follow me further into the garage...awesome. As a female traveling by herself, this was just the experience to make you super comfortable in an unfamiliar area! (JUST KIDDING) Next up - the hotel was booked with a gaggle of teenagers in town for an event (mind you - this was a week day)....which in and of itself was fine. What wasn't fine? That the teenagers were running up and down the hall screaming until 12:30PM despite my numerous calls to the front desk to (PLEASE) do something! Given my initial experience with the parking garage I didn't feel comfortable asking the girls to quiet down (as their parents were actually with them!!). So, no sleep was had, despite my important business meeting the next day. Most annoying - I used the in room door hanger to order a breakfast for the next day...that never showed up. I was so irritated and quite frankly, not totally surprised, I didn't follow up on my missing breakfast. I just moved on and gave another local establishment my breakfast dollars (but why offer room service dining if you can't deliver?). The rest of the trip progressed without incident, although I did think it was pretty odd when the front desk woman hollered something at me (along the lines of a rather accusatory CAN I HELP YOU!?!) as I was re-entering the hotel after a dinner with co-workers around 9PM the next night. I was willing to chalk the entire experience up to mediocrity, were it not for the bill and my consequent experience calling the hotel to inquire about said bill. The day I checked out, I received a perfectly acceptable bill with no inaccuracies. Today? 3 days after I checked out and went home? A new bill! For a statement indicating I checked out today!! I called the front desk wherein I was informed that I had booked the hotel through today (newsflash - I did not) and that I had checked out today (NOPE). Rather than try to assuage my concerns that my credit card had been charged for $800 for a stay I didn't participate in - the front desk woman told me it was my error in booking (WHAT?) and that maybe (If I was lucky) I would get a call back from billing on Monday (WHAT?????).

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I travel for business frequently (2-3 times per month) and personally often. I have stayed at Starwood properties all over the world (most recently Greece) without incident. I have NEVER encountered such incompetence or such a poorly run establishment. The Four Points has one aim, and that is to service a customer. If you can't service a customer and keep them happy - you will be quickly out of business as there is ample competition. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and I will be very clear with my counterparts in the area (I work for a very large Fortune 500 Company with the ability to give this hotel a lot of business) that this hotel is to be avoided.

SO DISSAPOINTED. And angry. Very, very angry!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear IHeartTheMitten,
It is always our priority to provide the very best experience for our guests, and we are disheartened that your stay was off right from the start. We are aware that our General Manager has since been in contact with you to personally amend your experience in addition to rectifying your mischarges. We truly regret you didn’t have a more enjoyable experience at our hotel, and we hope you will consider giving us another try in the future so we may better deliver the exceptional experience so many of our guests love. All the best
Burnsville, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2015

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Beautiful view of the river. Located close to everything in downtown Charleston. Very clean motel. A little noisy - from outside and other rooms. There is a $10 charge for parking.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
BBLHospitality, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your valuable feedback and kind words. The Four Points Charleston team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We always love hearing back from our guests as this information helps us to improve the overall guest experience at our hotel. Our Four Points Charleston team looks forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night with our daughters. It was a last minute decision as we had tickets for a show at the Civic Center for the next morning and a winter storm was on its way to hit our area that night. This hotel was reasonably close to the civic center, we actually ended up taking the free hotel shuttle as it was pouring rain by then, but could have walked it pretty easily too with better weather and sidewalk conditions. The covered parking garage was a plus so we didn't have to dig our car out of sheets of ice that morning, not such a nice surprise that they charge $10 for it.

The hotel reception area and staff was nice and accommodating.
The room was surprisingly small, there was only a little bit more than an estimated 3-4 feet between the beds and the desk. Only a small wardrobe which got easily filled with our 4 jackets. No room to hang up anything else. One arm chair, one desk chair and an ottoman. We haven't stayed in a room this small in a while but I guess we usually don't stay in downtown hotels either.

All riverview rooms were taken, so we got a city view which was nice from the 10th floor. It was quiet, no issues at all. Despite the fact that the hotel seemed to host many other families with young children holding tickets for the same show the next morning. This hotel only has rooms with either 2 double beds or a king sized bed. We usually prefer 2 queen sized beds when travelling with the kids, but this was priced reasonably (actually found it for $99 plus tax on every website but the hotel booking site, it was $13 more there, even with a AAA discount, but when I called, they matched the price).

Everything was clean and in excellent condition. The bathroom was rather small too, but very functional. I like hotels that have a lot of space next to the sink to put down your toiletries etc. This one did.

I was positively surprised about the size of the fitness center. It was very nice. They had 3 treadmills (one seemed out of order though), 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes and plus weights, exercise balls etc. It was rather warm in there at 68 degrees though. The indoor pool was small for a hotel this size. It was not very warm, perfect if you wanted to swim laps (not the easiest to do due to the small size) but I had to keep the kids moving so they wouldn't get too cold too soon. No hot tub, that would have been a nice touch.

We had a coffee maker in the room, no fridge. Not sure if other rooms have one. The free Wifi in the room worked great and we had two (small/ regular size) water bottles in the room which is a nice touch. For our purposes the hotel was fine: reasonably priced and close to the civic center and downtown mall. If we had been travelling with all three kids, the room would have been too small.

Room Tip: If you get city view, try to get an upper floor room, otherwise you'll only see the parking gara...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
BBLHospitality, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Our Four Points by Sheraton Charleston team appreciates you letting us know about your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback. Your comments and concerns have been passed along to the necessary management team members. We always love hearing back from our guests as we can continue to improve the overall guest experience using the information provided to us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Four Points Charleston and our team looks forward to seeing you again soon!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Rooms are spacious and functional albeit a bit dark. Great Southern hospitality by the good folks in West Virginia. My only complaint - and this is now the third time - is the shower never seems to be clean. This time around - errant hairs left in the shower.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Our Four Points by Sheraton Charleston team would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us with your valuable feedback. The shower matter has been reported to the necessary management team members and will be addressed immediately. We love hearing back from our guests and with information like this we can continue to always improve the overall guest experience here. Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing to once again stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Charleston? Share your experiences!